cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White horizontal stripe across screen while using link

Panzer_mk2
Honored Guest
Headset seems to work fine stand-alone.  I use the headset with IRacing, and often (not always) get a translucent horizontal stripe across the screen after about 15 minutes or so.  It doesn't feel like the headset is overheating.  This doesn't show up on the screen mirror on PC, or if I "mirror" with the debug tool.  Is this likely a failing display or is there somewhere else I should look?
1,110 REPLIES 1,110

PaRaSiGhT82
Honored Guest

I am very happy to say that I think I may of found the culprit. I went into the oculus debug tool and reset everything I changed back to 0 or default or off or disabled. I also disabled link sharpening then restarted oculus services in the services section at the top of the oculus debug tool. And I have now been playing Kayak VR Mirage for a good hour with no annoying white transparent band 😁

really hope your answer will solve the issue, im overclocking my 3070ti with the official app, just a bit tho, got this white stripe only when I play Dirt Rally 2.0

exactly the same issue, only when im playing Dirt Rally 2.0 and it happens randomly on ACC. 

Ghost75757
Protege

Lets just acknowledge the Quest 2 is a 'wannabe' PCVR headset - nice but not polished with issues which they dont care to address.  It creates the white bar super random. I can play for hours with Vorpx 3D games with no problem, but same game in Virtual Desktop brings either instant crash, loop loading or the white stripe which in nearly all cases for me seems to be a drop in frame rate, stutter, some high graphic settings in the game triggering it or a mix of all. Who knows. But it definitely works better with some programs then others.  from my experience Steams Virtual Desktop is having the most issues creating this white bar. I run the 3080Ti.

i followed every step and it seemed to have worked fine up until when i click link on my quest it just refuses and says 

PatrickM77_0-1657870862467.png

and nothing happens, if you happen to have a discord i would appreciate any tips or updated way to fix this, my discord is PatrickM#6549

hey man can i get your help on discord, add me PatrickM#6549

After the latest updates they changed something that made that fix to not work anymore. 😞 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since this issue has been going on for more than two years now across Intel CPUs, AMD CPUs, Nvidia GPUs, AMD GPUs, Windows 10 and Windows 11, yet no official fix has been released by Meta, I propose we start a class action lawsuit against Meta. This is absolutely beyond insane at this point. Their support for the Quest is absolutely trash. Hundreds of users have submitted support tickets and log files yet not a single person has received an actual fix. Rather, it seems to be random luck that the issue resolves itself through a variety of unseemingly associated changes. Keep an eye out to sign up when/if the lawsuit happens.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to add a down vote button for your bull**bleep** response, "community manager."

Indeed. Let's hope they know they're useless anyway, and quit their job.