cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I need to download the same game again with App Sharing?

AwayFromTheSun
Honored Guest

I set up App Sharing on my Quest 2, so my husband could play Asgard's Wrath 2. The games are showing up in his library, but every single game I bought (and have installed) on my account, needs to be downloaded again? It doesn't make any sense. Need to download 31GB's all over again on the SAME device?

15 REPLIES 15

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @AwayFromTheSun 🙂

you need to install shared games on the second account, so each user can have his own progress in game.

But actually it won't be downloaded/installed again, means it does not take more space on your device, if the game is already installed on admin account.

But why does it says it needs to download 31GB AND it takes freaking hours to complete.

Hmm.....that's not how it should be.

This game gives trouble to several people - including me since yesterday🙄

There was an update for the game....is it possible it is installing now on second account, but it's no longer on the admin account?

Could you check that?

Hey, @AwayFromTheSun! We see you are having trouble with app sharing on your device. We know issues like this are not ideal, and we want to ensure all of our customers have nothing less than a wonderful VR experience. We would love to help you resolve this issue. We do have a few questions for you to see what we can do to help.

• What app or apps are you trying to share?
  • Did you enable app sharing on the device correctly?
  • Are you using more than one device or just the Quest 2?

We will be waiting for your response, as we are eager to help you resolve this issue.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey, again! We were just dropping by and seeing how things were going with you. We also wanted to let you know we are still here if you need us! If you still need assistance, please let us know by responding, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I’m having the exact same issue.  Brand new Quest 3.  Installed Asgard’s Wrath 2 (took over 5 hours on a 50 mbs connection).  Then created a child account for my son.  We’re now on hour 3 of the game REDOWNLOADING on his account.  I can go into the admin account and open the game fine.  My Quest advises I have half of my storage space tied up on “other accounts.”  This is the only thing we’ve installed! Christmas Day and we haven’t even been able to play the game yet.  System seems cool, but this sucks.

Hey @DashboardJeebus! We truly understand how having your games take forever to download can put a bump in your VR experience. No worries, we're here to help! Before we move forward, we know that Asgard's Wrath 2 is taking up more storage space on your Childs account. We highly suggest waiting for the game to fully download, then check if "enough storage" is disabled.

Let us know if this information is helpful! We look forward to hearing back from you!

Hey @DashboardJeebus! We wanted to follow up and see if you still needed assistance on why Asgard's Wrath 2 is taking up so much storage when app sharing. Please reach back out to us and let us know if we need to look into this issue further with you.

Brand new meta 3. Downloaded the wrath 2 game. My son wants to play it on his account and it’s downloading 30 gig again. Don’t really have to download the 30 gig game twice just to have two separate users ?

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?