cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the meta quest user and profiles so overly complicated

HyperStrikerX
Honored Guest

From a UX experience the whole administration aspect of meta quest users and their profiles is overly complicated. You have way too many layers involved it seems, and if feels like I'm peeling away layers from an onion.

Here is my issue(s).  

1. It's horrible that you cannot have the meta quest app cast for non-admin users.  You have to search the depths of the internet to find an article that explains this and acknowledges it.
  2. I have 3 meta quest users linked to a single Meta Quest 2 headset.  Each have their own meta quest account, and profile names.  When I log into the headset it references the Mete Quest 2 account names, (which are very hard/confusion to change).   Now I would like like to move the "ProfileA" from meta quest account 1, to meta quest account 2.  How can I do this and is it even possible without losing the profile game progress?

My suggestion is that the head sets show the profile username of the accounts when switching, and not the Fname, Lname of the meta quest account.  Specially if PROFILE names are unique.  Really the Fname, Lname, shouldn't matter at all and is only a detail within your user settings.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @HyperStrikerX. Thank you for reaching out and letting us know your casting issues and profile questions. We know how important it is to be able to move your accounts around as you please and how tedious something like this can be.

So we can get a closer look at your account and answer your questions, we would need to get a bit of personal information that we don't necessarily want to be public. Can you please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

We are looking forward to your reply.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?