cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi keeps disconnecting on IPv6 network after update to v53

JaxMoonfall
Honored Guest

Hello,
few days ago I updated to v53, I used to have stable connection to my primary SSID for over a year. After the update, the connection keeps dropping every time it gets the IPv6 address from DHCPv6 server.

I have had similar issues on other Android devices. This issue is most likely caused by some particular version of Wifi driver in Android, which is not capable of handling the IPv6 network. For example my Chromecast with Google TV 4K, after the update to Android 12 started having same issues.

Now when I connect to my primary SSID, it says "Connected" for two seconds, but as soon as the IPv6 address is set, it gets disconnected and the whole process repeats itself.

When I connect to a different SSID, which is VLANed on a separate subnet without IPv6 (although the AP and router are the same), it works just fine. I could block the RA and RS packets on the firewall and it would probably start working, but since my whole network is running IPv6, I would like to keep that.

My AP is Unifi U6-Pro, router with OpenWRT.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cookies-N-Scream
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey! Looks like the engineering team has been looking into this, since a couple other users have reported the same WiFi issue. We definitely appreciate you letting us know you're having this problem!

In order to get you assisted with this, go ahead and send a PM to the support team. Please click here  to get to the MetaQuestSupport profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us.

Through the darkness of futures past, the magician longs to see. One chants out between two worlds: Fire... walk with me

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

kkwette
Honored Guest

I have the same issue, completely broken Quest2 since v53. Wifi drops every 5-10 minutes. The whole wifi interface goes down as I cannot see any SSIDs in the settings, after a few seconds it comes back and reconnects. It's a real pain when playing wireless PCVR. 

I tested on a network without IPv6 and no issues there. 

Please fix. 

Cookies-N-Scream
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey! Looks like the engineering team has been looking into this, since a couple other users have reported the same WiFi issue. We definitely appreciate you letting us know you're having this problem!

In order to get you assisted with this, go ahead and send a PM to the support team. Please click here  to get to the MetaQuestSupport profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us.

Through the darkness of futures past, the magician longs to see. One chants out between two worlds: Fire... walk with me

I think I figured it out. Check your router settings. If the IPv6 network works on your PC, get configuration for DNS server and try pinging or nslookup on that server. If you don't have a response, you probably have your router misconfigured. I also disabled DHCPv6 and left only SLAAC, since Google basically said they are not gonna support DHCPv6 on Android devices. Now the connection seems to stay on.