cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Oculus Link/Air Link Eventually Work On Windows 11?

DrunkenFather
Honored Guest

Every time I try to load up Oculus Link or Air Link it sends me to the endless loading screen. My PC meets ALL of the requirements but people are saying it's because I have Windows 11 so I hope it gets fixed soon

13 REPLIES 13

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Greetings! We see you can't access Cable or Air link because you have Windows 11. Good news is, we've worked on making the link compatible but there are still a few glitches. So not every cable link will work.

However, Windows 11 shouldn't interfere with the Air Link. Please use this link and this link to review how to set up Air Link. 

• It's recommended to only use the Oculus Cable Link or the Anker USB 3.0 Cable link for best results.
  • We've recently updated the Oculus app to version 42.0. Do you have that update?
  • If you're having trouble getting your computer to see or recognize Oculus Link, try reinstalling the Link driver on your computer. You can find the installable Oculus driver file at the following path:

c:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers\oculus-driver.exe.

We've included a link here for types of connections needed for the Oculus Cable Link. It says Rift S, but it's the same for the Meta Quest 2.

And here's a link for Oculus Link compatibility.

If all still fails, try to repair the Oculus PC app.

Let us know if this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Greetings! We're just checking in to see if you were successful connecting the Air/Cable Links. Let us know if you still need help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

just to let you know it didnt work at all

@MetaQuestSupport wrote:

We've included a link here for types of connections needed for the Oculus Cable Link. It says Rift S, but it's the same for the Meta Quest 2.

Slight correction: none of that article applies to the Quest 2 link cable. It's all about what can connect to the Rift-S Displayport cable. Quest 1 and Quest 2 have no displayport and the link cable is purely USB.

(The article does mention usb, but specifically for a usb-c to display port adapter to connect to the Rift-S display cable)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

I'm on Windows 11, and whenever I connect it with an air link it says the graphics card is not compatible but when I do link cable it keeps on searching for a pc (I'm in the process of signing into the quest pc app)

We understand you're having some issues with PCVR @Milansedah2, and we appreciate you visiting our forums page. Can you please try repairing the application in addition to the troubleshooting you've already tried? We'll provide a link to how to repair the app, here. If this does not work as it should, try running it through the program files and seeing if you can repaid the app using this notation here: C:\Program Files\Oculus\OculusSetup.exe\repair

let us know if this helps, or if you still have trouble so we can send over more troubleshooting tips and tricks. 

We were in the nightborhood and wanted to check up on the issue. By chance did you try repairing the application @Milansedah2

valOsnaH
Honored Guest

I have a similar problem as OP, none of your tricks help. It works fine to connect the headset via cable, but it is just forever loading when I try to connect via Air Link. PC software has been reinstalled (and rebooted) and the headset has been factory reset and updated. It worked just fine on my previous (windows 10) computer.

Hi there @valOsnaH, we were zooming on by and noticed you are having some pesky issues with Air Link. We know how inconvenient not being able to connect your headset wirelessly is, and how finicky PCVR can be, but we want to do all that we can to help you out on this matter!

We see you indicated that PCVR works fine via Quest Link, but Air Link isn't working the same. So to narrow down some issues, can you please review the following:

• What are your specs?
  • Updated your PC and drivers?
  • Disable any VPN, Firewalls, Antiviruses, Data/Network/Packet managers.
  • Enable the highest performance for your PC in the power settings.
  • Change the Air Link bit rate value (up to 200 for NVIDIA cards).
  • Make sure you are on Ethernet or only the 5GHz Wi-Fi.
  • Repair the Oculus PC app.

We hope to hear from you soon!