cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my old Rift (not S) stop working on first Jan 23 ?

Crystal4276
Explorer

First, I got my Oculus Rift when it was still Oculus (not facebook). I'm still using it daily.

Second , i will never open a facebook account.

So am i understanding this well that my hardware will stop working soon ?

28 REPLIES 28

Ok so i will not migrate my account to meta. 

If don't migrate my account to meta my question is still the same : will the Rift CV 1 stop working on first Jan 23 ?

Please, I need just one very simple word:

YES or NO.

Oh, sorry. We were so excited to let you know all the information we forgot to answer that!

No, you won't be able to use your Rift without a Meta account.

Is there anything we can answer for you?

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

@Crystal4276, we're providing a link here for your review that better explains what a Meta account is. 

Let us know if you have any other questions.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Finally... Thanks you.

I don't have any questions. Just one comment.

I consider my VR headset now as a piece of e-waste. Good job...

What would really "excite" me is Meta releasing an open source driver for the Rift CV1.

That would be a way more sensible approach than forcing your customers buying HARDWARE into meta BS.

Hey there, @Crystal4276. We can definitely understand that some users don't want to make a Meta Account, however if you don't make one by next month, you'd be risking losing your account. It's a pretty quick process, and we'd highly recommend taking a few minutes to create it so that you can continue enjoying your Rift. This is all up to you, we just wanted to make sure you're aware of the risk involved if you choose not to create the Meta Account. If there's anything else we can help out with or if you have any questions that we could answer for you, please feel free to contact us again! 

Hey there, @Crystal4276! We just wanted to check in since we haven't heard back from you yet. If you'd still like help with this just let us know, we'd be glad to help out! 

sford52
Heroic Explorer
I am on Windows 10, I have an Oculus Rift CV1 and the Oculus PC application.
I have just updated my Oculus account to a Meta account, as requested by email.
When I loged in to my Oculus app I get the message in the title: 
"You're using a version of this app that's no longer supported. Download the latest version to continue."
There is no link to update to the current Oculus PC application ( a known issue since 8/24/22)
So I ran C:\Program Files\Oculus\OculusSetup.exe got the Oculus app updated.
However, now it says "Wrong username or password"
I use the same username/password that I just used to log in and post this.

The *only* thing that has changed is I migrated to the Meta account.
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

Hey @sford52! We know how it feels losing access to an account, and we'd hate for you to miss out on your favorite games and apps! Luckily we're here to help get this sorted out for you. We may need some sensitive information from your account in order to look into this. Please click here or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you!

sent

ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

Changed password, per Meta Support, and issue seems resolved.  I was very nervous about changing password, as in the past the change failed and I was locked out for quite some time. But it worked this time, and I appear to have my apps and such. So, thank you support.