cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my old Rift (not S) stop working on first Jan 23 ?

Crystal4276
Explorer

First, I got my Oculus Rift when it was still Oculus (not facebook). I'm still using it daily.

Second , i will never open a facebook account.

So am i understanding this well that my hardware will stop working soon ?

28 REPLIES 28

Awesome! We're so glad to see that you're able to log in again. We totally understand how this situation feels, so we're more than happy to lend a hand. Please don't hesitate to reach out anytime, we're always here to help! Happy gaming!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Why?? Do you have a Steam account? Origin? EA? Epic games? Xbox? Playstation plus?? why would you not just make an account and put minimal information on it?

This is ridiculous. Even my Atari 2600 I got in 1981 still runs. My Oculus Rift is now a paperweight. So I can't play any of the games I've purchased for it anymore. I can't login with my old Oculus account, and it won't run with my Facebook account. This should be illegal.

I just used my Oculus Rift. it works great. What are you doing wrong?

The Oculus software will not run, it says it has been discontinued and is no longer supported, it will not even let me log in.

Hi there, @thomden. We know it's important to you to be able to use your Rift S. Did you happen to create or migrate to a Meta account? A Meta account allows you to continue linking your Oculus account to your Facebook or Instagram accounts, as well as log in with your Oculus account. You will no longer be able to log in with your Oculus account after January 1st, 2023, unless you migrated to or created a Meta Account prior to January 1st, 2023. Please let us know if you have any questions, and we'll do our best to provide an answer.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Yes, I have a Meta account, but it won't let me log in my Oculus Rift S. I can't get past the login. So it won't function.

Hello @thomden! We would love to assist you with logging into your Rift S. We totally understand how this can feel when you are not able to login to enjoy your games. In order to protect your personal information, we would like to request that you reach out to us privately.  Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you and assisting you further! 

Hey there! We are just circling back to check and see if you still need help with logging into your Rift S. If you do, you still need help with this. Feel free to reach out to us anytime! We are here to help!