cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Meta App no longer has the ability to send messages to friends?

TimMalcolm
Level 2

My meta app for windows (running windows 11) use to have chat on the app, this is the app that you would connect your link cable through and test the cable, buy games....etc... basically the windows version of the meta mobile app. I use to be able to read and write messages to my friends from the app but now I no longer see this option. Did anyone else notice this? Is there a different app or something that I need to download I just cant imagine that they would remove that feature?

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @TimMalcom!

We see you're having some issues regarding you desktop app. We most certainly can't something like this get in the way of your VR experiences. Let's work together and see if we can resolve this predicament! To start, let's try some troubleshooting! Kindly try the following:

• Sign out of the app and then sign back in.
  • Uninstall and then reinstall the app.
  • Clear the folder history of the app.

As well, if the above didn't work, please send us a private message with a screenshot of the app not showing your social icon. In order to send us a private message, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Choleni
Level 7

This is an problem of all users on PC app  when they are updated to v46.

Meta has just cut out the chat and I'm realy upset about that.

I use this chat also a lot and miss it badly😥

What a dumb decision by them.