cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows app can't find my account. Works everywhere else.

Trubert
Honored Guest

I have recently encountered an issue when attempting to access the desktop app. Despite repeated efforts to reset and verify that is does work on the website and other devices. I am unable to advance beyond the "we have important info for you" screen.

Any assistance with this matter would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance for your time. 

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Howdy there, @Trubert! We completely understand that you're having difficulties with the Desktop app. Please know that you're in good hands, and that with your help, we'll get this fixed. So, we strongly advise you to uninstall the app and follow the steps outlined below, since when attempting to delete the app, files may not be deleted, which may cause a minor issue when running the app. Please keep us updated on how things go so that we can determine if any additional steps are required.

1. Disconnect the Rift/Link cable from the computer
  2. Disconnect your computer from the internet
  3. Backup any necessary content
  4. Reboot into Safe Mode
  5. Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel
  6. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  7. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  8. Restart your computer in normal mode
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there! We're reaching out again to see if you still require assistance, if so, we'd be delighted to assist you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!