cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't let me redeem a gift even though im not in a parental supervised account.

ExiledBunny
Honored Guest

My friend sent me a game code to redeem onward but it won't let me redeem it it says a parent has to approve of it but my parent doesn't care what i do on it but it keeps insisting i need parental permission.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @ExiledBunny. Thank you for reaching out and letting us know the issues you are having redeeming a game code. Being gamers ourselves, we understand how tedious this can be, and we would like to step in and help out. Kindly note that some games need to have parental permission due to rated R visuals . For safety of our community, the parent must approve the usage before moving forward with the game. We understand this may not be the answer you were hoping for; however, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach back out.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @ExiledBunny. Thank you for reaching out and letting us know the issues you are having redeeming a game code. Being gamers ourselves, we understand how tedious this can be, and we would like to step in and help out. Kindly note that some games need to have parental permission due to rated R visuals . For safety of our community, the parent must approve the usage before moving forward with the game. We understand this may not be the answer you were hoping for; however, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach back out.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

spence22444
Honored Guest

Hi I sent my son a gorilla tag package as a gift and it said unable to claim on this account what do I do?

Hi @spence22444! We hate to hear that your son is not able to receive his gifted app from you. Please take a look at this article to ensure that all of the necessary steps were taken. If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to send us a reply! We're here to assist! 

Hi again @spence22444! We're just following up to see if you were able to get your issue resolved. If you find that you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to @ us! Have a terrific day!

My parents gifted it to me but it says I need to request to get it but I don’t see any request buttons. Thank you

IMG_5284.jpeg

IMG_5283.jpeg

Don’t worry, it’s fixed 😄

Hey there, @Addman25. We're glad you were able to get that fixed quickly! Of course, if there are any questions or concerns in the future, do let us know! We'd be happy to help!

I gifted a game to my friend who is well over the 20 and it's.

Still saying that It needs parental control. And on the oculus it's not even activated at all

We have not been able to redeem it and gave up. Can we restart trying to redeem it? Thanks for your help,

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?