cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wont connect link

LMASF
Level 3

I tryed repair the app, removing the device and nothing works. It connects at first but when I get to the guardian it disconnects and doesn’t show back up please help?

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're glad you posted in here, apologies it took us awhile to respond! We want to get your Link connection working properly, everyone should experience the joys of PCVR! 

Ultimately, we may need you to chat with us so that we can gather your logs and help even further, but don't stress, we'll offer up some troubleshooting first! 

To start off we definitely want to recommend installing the latest Oculus drivers by following these quick steps:

1. Close the Oculus app.
  2. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run command.
  3. Enter C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers.
  4. Open oculus-driver.
  5. Open the Oculus app and then try to connect your headset again.

We'll also want to check your USB power settings. Open up your Device Manager and locate your USB ports. Expand the universal serial bus controller section at the bottom of the list. Look for the "USB 3.0/3.1/3.10 eXtensible" items.

Next, right click and select Properties and navigate to Power Management. You'll want to ensure that the options to save power are deselected. 

Please let us know how these steps go for you!

When i open oculus app it says could not find headset

How odd! Have you been able to successfully connect your headset before?

LMASF
Level 3

yes i have

Taking a deep dive through your logs may be the best option then, we'd love if you could create a ticket with us here that way a dedicated agent can help by walking through even more steps! 

You can gather your logs by following these steps:

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed Oculus Home to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.

LMASF
Level 3

should i create a ticket and submit it there or on here

Definitely from our website, it'll only create a ticket from there. We hope to get this resolved ASAP with you!