cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workrooms: Not eligible for account FB related problem

guppydriver518
Explorer

I'm trying to setup and use Workrooms.  I repeatedly receive the message, Not eligible due FB account not in good standing.  This is not true.  Seems others are having this issue as well.  Any help would be appreciated.

/r,

B

17 REPLIES 17

I'm in the same boat. I do not have issues with my fb account, but i am blocked from using workrooms. The error states i do not have a fb account in good standing. I've tried every support method. 

I am very disappointed.

same here.

This is not the solution. do better Oculus and FB Meta. Come on!! 

soulburn74
Protege

I'm also having this problem. I went so far as to report a problem via chat feature on oculus support page: 

1. Some months ago, I setup a workspace, but was unable to login into it due to my account being in warning status (FB page listed the grievances)
2. Those cleared in the last few days, so I thought I'd try again. When attempting to login to my work room account, it prompted the same error, so I reported the issue in chat. She supposedly looked at my account and verified it was in good standing as my facebook page now shows. She said 'Everything is setup, please try again for me" (I was in the thinking she did some tinkering to clear the issue server side, and that it work now work.........nope it did not.)

3. After letting her know still showing same issue, she asked a few other questions (am I on VPN, Where I'm located in the world, what device I'm using). 

4. After answering those questions, she gave the standard "I don't know how to fix this issue" of "This is a known issue, we'll get back to you.

I'm not sure if there really is a known issue, or if that was just her way of saying "I don't have the proper scripts to read to you to answer your question" who knows.

I also asked if its possible to delete the created work space, so I could try creating from scratch, she said she didn't have that ability, and that I'd have to contact facebook to do that (in her work view, she is oculus and facebook is separate, but what I really understand is (like most helpdesks), she has no option do really do anything but try as nicely as she can to give me the proper canned responses to my question......*

Its a shame that this issue is still ongoing, i hope there is a resolution. I would really love to try this out! (Horizon World works fine for me).

luuuuuuukee
Honored Guest

Same issue here. I have a Facebook account that is linked to my Quest 2. It is in good standing and I use it pretty much every day. I was allowed to make a Workrooms account, and even created a new team. As soon as I paired my headset with the 8-digit code, I see this message in the Quest app and in the browser:

"In order to create a new Workrooms team, you must have a Facebook account in good standing that meets the minimum account criteria. Learn more about this in our FAQs."

Unsurprisingly, the FAQ is no help at all.

Yep no help at all. 

There there's no resolution for this and it's been going on for a very long time.

This was one of the main reasons I purchased the Oculus. I put it away when I realized I couldn't use it as I had planned. 

Moardak
Explorer

Same issue here. Allowed to create account. Can log in on my phone, can log in in headset. Can't log in on any of my laptops. What a joke. Oh well, good thing there's plenty of other collaboration apps that do actually work.

schugor
Explorer

I was completely thrown out of all FB services. I needed also the platform cos of my clients in need of promotion