cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workrooms: unable to define desk

guyren
Honored Guest

I am unable to get anywhere in Workrooms. It insists I define a desk before I can do anything, but defining the desk doesn't work: I drag across the front of my desk, release the button and… nothing happens. I'm still in define desktop mode.

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @guyren! Having issues with your Workrooms is not what we like to hear. As a gamer myself, I also hate when my games don't work properly. No worries, let's try getting you back into the VR world! Could you please try the following:

• Uninstall and reinstall the app.
  • Make sure your internet connection is good. 
  • Reboot your headset. 
    Please let us know if this worked for you!  
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya hiya! We're just moseying on over to see if you are still in need of assistance. If so, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

guyren
Honored Guest

Tried those things. Still doesn't work.

In that case, can you double check the measurements of your space and desk size?

• Physical space
    • To safely and comfortably use Workrooms in VR, we recommend having a space of at least 4 feet x 4 feet (1.22 x 1.22 meters) to use your virtual desk, or 6.5 feet x 5 feet (1.98 x 1.52 meters) to use the virtual whiteboard.
  • Physical desk
    • Workrooms was designed to bring your real-life work desk into VR. While you don’t need to have a physical desk, you will need to have a level, flat surface available to use Workrooms.

guyren
Honored Guest

The desk is 3'10" wide. It's in the corner of a large room. Since I'm not ever facing backwards, I can't see how the distance behind me is of any concern.

Hey there! Thank you for that information. Workrooms is still one of our newer software's and we are continually looking for improvements. If you could please report a bug here so our engineers can further look into this. We do hope you find this information helpful.