cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You aren't able to create an account based on the information that you provided. Child's Account

spidermonkey81
Honored Guest

Hi,

I believe it's possible to set up a child's meta account and link it to my account with parent supervision.

I've got so far as to enter his email address and name, but when I've entered his date of birth I'm getting the message:

"Something went wrong
You aren't able to create an account based on the information that you provided."

I'm guessing it's nothing to do with age, because even when I try a different birth year I'm getting the same message.

The only solution I've got at the moment is to let him play VR on my adult account - which doesn;t really seem ideal.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey everyone! I've just heard back from our internal team. It looks like in most cases, they've found that this type of issue is brought up when an invalid date of birth has been input. (I would assume one that is under 10 or over 12)

If you've already attempted a few times now, I would recommend waiting a few days before trying again with the right information. This way the app can get a fresh read of your information like new. 

Along with this, some users have mentioned incognito mode to work for them. Please don't hesitate to test this out as well and let me know how that goes! 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

View solution in original post

50 REPLIES 50

EdwinJacobs
Protege

hmmm ...  facing the same issue.

Did you ever get it to work ?  (Not a good sign that there is no response here whatsoever... )

Hi, @EdwinJacobs! We don't like to hear you are having issues setting up an account for your child. We wouldn't want this issue to take away from the spectacular VR experience they deserve. It seems like you are trying to set up a regular account and link it to your account as a child account. We actually have some steps on how to successfully create a child account under your account.

A parent or guardian will need to log into or create their own Meta account and Meta Horizon profile before setting up a child’s account in Family Center.

1. Go to Family Center and log in to your Meta account.
  2. Select Create an account for a child from the options available.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your child's account.

Please let us know if these steps were successful and if you have any further questions or concerns. We are always here to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi again, @EdwinJacobs! We are just reaching back out to see if you were successful in creating a child account or if you need more assistance. Please don't hesitate to reach back out whenever it is convenient for you when in need of support. We are always here to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I’m also running into this problem. It won’t let me rest an account for him and it’s saying it will suspend my account if I don’t creat an account for him. We got him this for his birthday and it seems unfair that I’m unable to create and account for him following the steps provided to me and that my account is being threatened with suspension if I’m unable to create his account.

Hey there @Keropii_chan, we see you are having some trouble creating an account for your child, it is very important to share the VR experience with the family! It is also very important to provide a proper experience and environment for all users wearing the headset. Children under the age of 13 cannot have their own account, but these kids ages 10-12 can have a parent managed account setup for them. To setup an account, you can follow the instructions for either creating a new parent managed account, or converting an existing account, here: create a Meta account for your child.

Do keep in mind that users under the minimum required age are not allowed to have an account at all, and are not currently allowed to use the headset. If you are having issues creating an account for a valid user, please send us a message directly and we would love to see how we can help further. This can be done from our Profile Page at any time.

Hi, 

My son has just got the Meta Quest 2 today and we are trying to set up a child's account for him.

I have followed exactly what you have said here and we are still getting the same message as the original poster so can you please suggest an alternative?

I downloaded the app in advance of him receiving this gift to try and avoid these types of issues. 

fscat915
Explorer

Seems like I am also having the same issue too. I can't get passed the birth date. I get this message "You aren’t able to create an account based on the information you provided."

smech.460472
Honored Guest

Is there a solution? I don’t see anyone saying that the instructions work

SlyClone22
Honored Guest

Same here - just opened the headset on Christmas, set up a parent/adult account and getting the same error message trying to set up a child account for my 10yo.

"You aren’t able to create an account based on the information you provided."

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?