cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You may not be using the right account for your age

Artorias997
Explorer

I got this email two days ago, I'm assuming because someone reported me after my nephew played a game on my headset.

I followed the instructions in the email and made an account for him, it's linked to my account and with the device, all set up and he uses it instead of mine, and yet I keep getting this notification. It says if I don't take action by March 8 my account will be suspended, but I don't understand what else it wants from me.

Also, when I try to manage his account through Family Center on the mobile app, it infinitely loads his profile and I can't manage it on my phone. I can on the desktop browser website, though.

I've tried finding solutions to both of these issues online but haven't been able to find anything, which is upsetting considering how relatively common the issue is. I've spent a lot of money on games and I can't believe I might lose it all over something as ridiculous as this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Artorias997! We can totally assist you with looking into your account. We do understand how it can feel when you are receiving notices of account suspension. In order to protect your personal information, we would like to request that you send us a PM. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed in to the community first to send us a private message.

We look forward to assisting you further! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Artorias997! We can totally assist you with looking into your account. We do understand how it can feel when you are receiving notices of account suspension. In order to protect your personal information, we would like to request that you send us a PM. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed in to the community first to send us a private message.

We look forward to assisting you further! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I am experiencing the same issue. I don’t understand what part of any of my conversations or actions says I’m under age. 

Yeah, I read that apparently anyone can report you for being underage for no reason in particular if you play online games. In my case I actually had my ten year old nephew on my account, so I guess it was warranted.

As for the solution, after emailing support, it turns out you have to send them ID whether there's a child using your account or not.

Hi, thanks for your reply. The issue was solved through support emails, but I appreciate your help anyway.

Sweet! @Artorias997 if you find that you need future assistance, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?