cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your computer doesn't meet the updated minimum specifications...

rumbelstiltskin
Explorer

I've been playing through quest link cable (as well as air link) for over a year on a very outdated desktop: 1050ti, Intel i7 4770 

Suddenly it stopped working a few weeks ago. After 10+ hours I tried every suggestion on the web, multiple quests multiple cables, drivers, uninstall reinstall everything. Well this week I bought a Predator Helios i9 13th gen, 4080 GPU and it's telling me don't meet the system requirements. I've updated GPU drivers and windows updates. This is incredibly frustrating and it seems I'm not the only person experiencing this. 

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, @rumbelstiltskin! We'd love to help you out and give you a bit of info on the system requirements to use Meta Quest Link. We understand how this may have caused a delay in your gaming experience, and we appreciate you taking the time to do a bit of troubleshooting on your end. We definitely want to do our best to get you back on your VR adventure, so check out our article above and ensure that your setup meets our system requirements. We look forward to hearing back and assisting with any other questions or concerns you may have!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

rumbelstiltskin
Explorer

Obviously I checked the minimum requirements before buying this laptop expressly for use with Quest link. This must be a Llama II generated response because the link you sent says the 40 series GPUs ARE SUPPORTED. Can I get a breathing human to set their fleshy eyeballs on the five Meta forum posts with people having the same exact issues without any resolution? I tried the troubleshooting in each of these posts with no success. I shouldn't have to hack out of the Matrix like Neo to get a top of the line gaming laptop to work with your a.

Quest link was working with my desktop prior to a month ago. I used to be able to launch games through steam using the Quest. Now Steam isn't recognizing a headset and the Meta desktop app says my system doesn't meet the updated system requirements.

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Get-Help/Your-computer-doesn-t-meet-the-updated-minimum-specif...

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Get-Help/My-PC-does-not-meet-the-updated-minimum-specification...

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Get-Help/Oculus-Software-says-my-computer-doesn-t-meet-the-upd...

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Get-Help/quest-2-not-connecting-to-pc-suddenly/td-p/1016751

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Get-Help/quot-Your-computer-does-not-meet-the-updated-minimum/...

Hey there, @rumbelstiltskin! We completely understand where you're coming from here, and it's absolutely our top priority to get you back to comfortably PCVR gaming without worries! Thank you for confirming your PC specifications meet those necessary minimum requirements, by the way. Moving forward, there are a few troubleshooting steps we'd like to recommend if you haven't tried them already:

• Try updating your drivers again directly through your GPU brand website then restart your PC.
  • Update your PCs BIOS if needed.
  • Disable any VPNs or antivirus that could be interfering with the headset's connection.
  • Install the latest Oculus Drivers using these steps:
    1. Close the Meta Quest PC app.
    2. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run command.
    3. Enter C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers. (File path may be different per user based on the install location)
    4. Open oculus-driver.
    5. Open the Meta Quest PC app and then try to connect your headset again.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi, @rumbelstiltskin. We wanted to follow up with you and see if you had been able to perform the steps we provided or if you still needed assistance with your PC issue. Please reach back out to us and let us know if we can assist you further or if the issue is resolved. Thanks for your time, and we hope to hear from you soon!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?