cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your computer doesn't meet the updated minimum specifications...

iMikez
Honored Guest

...which can lead to a poor experience in VR.

I'm so confused as to why I'm seeing this message. Is my PC so underpowered that I can't enjoy Air Link? I thought I got a decent laptop, but seems I was wrong.

I'm a massive noob, so please forgive me if my knowledge of specs and Oculus is limited. If you have any questions, I'll try my best the answer. I just need someone's help understand where my pc is lacking.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10870H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz

Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 GPU 8G
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

33 REPLIES 33

SirBdone
Honored Guest

Just got an Alienware x17 32gb of ram and 16gb of 3080 Nvidia graphics. There is no way that this STILL should be telling me (Feb 2, 2022) that I am still not meeting the minimum specifications to do Oculus and getting hiccups in Oculus Home when I have Advanced Optimus and Gsync disabled, it wires directly to the graphics card. It's something with the software. Does anyone have a fix yet? 

Same deal here. bought it christmas 2020 upgraded my rig july 2021 and its been happening since..have you had any luck?

So as others have said, go to settings > beta > public test channel

Enable the PTC and then restart oculus after it updates. That removes this message.

Laptop running Windows 11

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900H 2.90 GHz

32.0 GB RAM

NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6

Did it twice. It comes back. 

@Sprincemainly  Try opting out of oculus desktop app beta.  Then download the desktop app from the oculus support website and run a repair.  Then maybe try opting into beta again.  

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

thanks, no luck.

Sorry about that mate.  Probably your AMD gpu and/or drivers.  With PCVR it's currently better to be an intel/nvidia fanboy imho.  Plus, def not so-called gaming laptops.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Sprincemainly
Explorer

so the verdict is theyre just not supporting any newer GPUs. unreal.

@Sprincemainly  No. the verdict is to avoid AMD for good PCVR.

lol the defenition of fan boy, Tom ive only built amd rigs since the 90s my last 2 rigs running VR were flawless ..0 issues. Intel/nvidia users are having issues also. now the only color that matters is the green in my wallet and  Cant sell my car to finance a 9900k and 3090 for negligible difference in gaming experience.  😉