cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acces to quest 2 files

Icexpreme
Honored Guest

Hello!

I wanted to acces my quest 2 files on my pc on the window showed up "Allow connected device to acces files?"

But i accidentally clicked on Deny, and dont show again how can i make it show up again because i really want to see my files but the window doesnt shows up anymore and so i cant let it acces

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Icexpreme. We can definitely understand your concern with the file access prompt not showing up anymore due to a simple misclick. We'd be more than happy to help! In order to get this window to reappear, you'll need to factory reset the headset since it's been told not to show that prompt again. The steps for this are listed below: 

Make sure to enable cloud back up before you do so. You can use this link for the steps on doing this. 

From the Headset:

• Power off the headset
  • Press and hold volume down & Power
  • This will boot into the USB Update Mode menu
  • Press volume button to move selection, press power button to make the selection
  • Navigate to Factory Reset and press the Power button
  • The device should now begin the Factory Reset process.

If you run into any issues just let us know and we'll be more than happy to help out, we'll be looking forward to hearing back from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Icexpreme! We just wanted to check in since we haven't heard back from you yet. If you'd still like help with this just let us know, we'd be glad to help out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

kojack
MVP
MVP

For some incomprehensible reason, Meta put the option to turn that dialog back on in the developer menu.

If you have a developer registered account (which lets you use SideQuest and play games from other stores), and developer mode is enabled in the mobile app, then you can go into Settings/Developer in the Quest and turn on the USB Connection Dialog option. Next time you plug in the cable, the dialog will be back. No need to factory reset your headset.

Accessing photos/videos on the headset (to get screenshots and recordings, or to upload media to watch) is a user feature, not developer. The option to not show the dialog is a user feature. Why is the option to show the dialog again only for developers?

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2