cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android file transfer fails oculus go not showing up or prompting

hairycoconut25
Honored Guest
 i followed your instructions exactly on downloading android file transfer to move files from my two of my macs ( macbook air and macbook pro) to the oculus go.

[To transfer photos and videos from your computer to your Oculus Go headset:

1. Connect the included USB 2.0 cable to your computer and Oculus Go headset.
  2. Put on your headset and select to confirm you want to allow the computer access files on the headset, in VR.
    • On Windows, Oculus Go will automatically appear as a drive on your computer.
    • On Mac, you'll need to install Android File Transfer to successfully transfer files between your Oculus go and computer.
  3. Click and drag files to and from your Oculus Go headset on your computer.]

Even after I plug in the usb from the Oculus to go my mac, the Android file transfer program says "no android device found. please connect your android device with a usb cable to get started." there is no prompt inside the headset that asks me to allow the connection. I also connected my oculus go to my PC running windows 10 and it doesn't show up either or ask for a prompt. Any recommendations? i tried this with two different oculus go and there is never a prompt inside the headset asking to allow the connection.  Developer mode is enabled via the oculus app.  
my macbooks both run high sierra.

Please help.  thanks.  
25 REPLIES 25

rogerawong
Protege
Are you using the USB cable that came with the Oculus Go, or are you using a different cable?  Some USB cables are only for charging and can't carry data. Or, sometimes they can damaged.

Try a different cable.

hairycoconut25
Honored Guest
hi.  i am using the USB cable that came with my Oculus Go.  i also tried other USB cables and they didn't work either.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi.  i am using the USB cable that came with my Oculus Go.  i also tried other USB cables and they didn't work either.  

Tried to side load a movie I bought from iTunes. After multiple attempts of unplugging/plugging/granting access, was able to copy-drag the 5GB movie file to the Movies folder on my Go in the Android File app. When I visit the Go’s Gallery, where I’m guessing the movie should be, it said I had nothing there. There was no confirmation screen or progress bar when I did the transfer. The file appeared too quickly in the Movies folder, even though I gave it plenty of time to transfer too. Perhaps it’s an iTunes DRM issue? In any event, it seems like more trouble than it’s worth. I’m either going to try with Plex (also seems like more work) or wait until Vudu or Movies Anywhere launches a native Go app. That’ll solve my problem if those platforms launch apps.  Haven’t tried Vudu in the web browser. Maybe that’ll work. I don’t know. 

peternrg
Honored Guest
Did you get this working?   Android file transfer (on MacOS) worked until today: No Android device found.  Using same USB cable as before.   Is there any preset I have to reset?

YerbaBuenaVR
Explorer
We're facing this issue as well now. Maybe it was some sort of update that broke this? Observed en 3 different Win10 machines

YerbaBuenaVR
Explorer
Update from our end, inspired (although not quite following) by this other thread  ,we tried setting dev mode off and restart the Go, after reboot, file transfer was working again

it seems like some sort of bug with the driver when the device is in dev mode

Samyann
Protege
I’ve a 64 Go and have a Mac. The Android file transfer is fine. The unit is showing 17gb of space left. But, I cannot see how the unit has used so much space. Which directory contains the actual game files, so I know which ones are using all the space? Is there some setting to allow this view?

talkingdog
Honored Guest
We've experienced this problem as well. When dev mode is on you can't connect to Android File Transfer.  It's annoying to have to go back and forth between settings to do various testing.

chettawan
Expert Protege
I plug OG to my Chromebook last night and can transfer file flawlessly.