cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application issues

jakefalter27
Honored Guest

so everytime i try to download the software on my pc it tells me there was an issue and to restart my pc

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey jakefalter27, we'd like to take a deeper look into this for you. We understand how difficult getting tech to work can be, we aren't all tech experts, allow us to assist you with this. First thing we always want to check, and make sure of with issues like this is to make sure our PC meets the required specifications to handle the software. Please check out this article Oculus Link Compatibility, and make sure your computer meets the specs it needs. 

However, in the case that your Pc does meet the speciation's. Below we'll input steps to ensure that you're link cable is fully connected  

1. Open the Oculus app on your PC.
  2. Turn on your Quest 2 or Quest.
  3. Plug your USB 3 cable into a USB 3.0 port on your PC, and then plug the other end into your headset.
  4. A message displays in VR prompting you to Allow access to data. Select Deny. If you mistakenly 'Allow' the prompt, you must unplug your USB cable from the Quest and plug it back in.
  5. When prompted to Enable Oculus Link, select Enable to begin remote rendering using Oculus Link.

Once you've attempted this let us know how it worked out for you, if after you're still having issues. Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We'll look deeper into this issue for you, and find a solution. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!