cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

both of my quest 2 controllers have drift

Bulldagger
Level 2

I've had my quest since july and for awhile both the controllers have drift. It wasn't that bad at first but now it makes games unenjoyable. the right stick is worse than the left one and iI tried every solution i can find on here and on google. I've even increased the dead zones all the way but it didn't help. I'm also under warranty.

2 REPLIES 2

If you are under warranty you should arrange to return the controllers for replacement. However, if you have tried every fix suggestion on here or Google, you must have attempted to replace the joystick modules and that will probably have invalidated your warranty.

If under warranty, don't disassemble anything - return it for replacement and let Meta worry about it.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Controller drift is never fun, we hate to hear your gameplay experience has been so negative lately. We'd love to share some tips that may help get this resolved! Please give this a try:

• Clean your controller. Here's a helpful link with our cleaning recommendations
  • Remove the battery for at least 30 seconds
  • Unpair and re-pair the controller
  • Increase the dead zones. Here are the steps to do so:
  1. Go to Settings
  2. Go to Hands and Controllers Settings
  3. Select Controllers in the left menu
  4. Next to Thumbstick range and dead zone, select the joystick which is having issue
  5. Follow on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joysticks dead zones

If these steps don't help, reach out to our support team here so we can get you back in the game!