cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i have multiple quest 2 headsets on 1 account

Usrnametaken
Honored Guest
can i have my headset and one for my son on the same oculus account and share a game library that way? or will i have to have another oculus account?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nunyabinez
Rising Star
Yes, you can have multiple headsets on one account. However, there can potentially be certain problems. If an app has implemented cloud saves (like Phantom Covert Ops), even though each person has a headset, they will will both still be sharing the same game save. Meaning if you make progress, then when the other person gets on their headset, they will be where you left off.

Second, for the most part you won't be able to play multiplayer games between them unless the game has implemented its own account system. For example, Rec Room has you make a separate Rec Room account, so each of you would be able to play together by logging on to separate Rec Room accounts. 

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Nunyabinez
Rising Star
Yes, you can have multiple headsets on one account. However, there can potentially be certain problems. If an app has implemented cloud saves (like Phantom Covert Ops), even though each person has a headset, they will will both still be sharing the same game save. Meaning if you make progress, then when the other person gets on their headset, they will be where you left off.

Second, for the most part you won't be able to play multiplayer games between them unless the game has implemented its own account system. For example, Rec Room has you make a separate Rec Room account, so each of you would be able to play together by logging on to separate Rec Room accounts. 

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

Usrnametaken
Honored Guest

thank you, this is the information i wanted. its mostly so i can keep all the games in 1 place, the odds of us using any multiplayer or co-op together is not very high, but now i know i can keep all my games in the same place instead of having to manage 2 accounts. the main issue i had is i don't want my kid on facebook, but i would like to share in VR with him. 

Nunyabinez
Rising Star
Glad to help.

Deadaus
Expert Protege
For me it is to play multiplayer games with my kids such as Beat Saber, Real VR fishing, maybe watch a movie together in BigscreenVR? So my understanding is we need 2 separate accounts for this and must buy the games separately.

A10Pilot
Protege

Deadaus said:

For me it is to play multiplayer games with my kids such as Beat Saber, Real VR fishing, maybe watch a movie together in BigscreenVR? So my understanding is we need 2 separate accounts for this and must buy the games separately.

I have a Quest 1 and 2 and I put both on my same facebook account. My daughter and I could play Rec Room just fine since it has separate log ins. I ended up returning my Quest 2 due to technical problems and a dead pixel but it was technically a violation of facebook ToS for me to share my account with her. It's super weird right now, I wish Facebook Oculus would clarify all this.

Nunyabinez
Rising Star

Deadaus said:

Yes, for Beat Saber and the majority of multi-player games you will need two accounts and each account will need to purchase a copy of the game. 

Someday they may have a system with family accounts and sharing, etc. but not yet. Their assumption is one person, one headset, one account.

What I would like to see is fast user switching. Right now to switch from one user account to the other requires a complete wipe of the device, including local saves. If they had switching, you could share the single player games and have one of you switch to the other account when you wanted to play together. But like I said, can't do that right now.

HTTwig
Honored Guest
Does anyone have any idea when mutli-user switching will be possible within one account?

To be very specific here - i have one account and 2 devices; a Quest and a Quest 2 and as my Oculus Account is linked to one facebook account it seems impossible to support multiplayer. I can hardly use someone else's Facebook account and it is against the terms of conditions to create 2 Facebook accounts for one person. It means visitors and family cannot play multiplayer games or track game progress on each device separately. Its an "interesting" decision from facebook.

djcanellis
Honored Guest
Yes, you can have 2 accounts.  I have my oculus and oculus 2 on the same account.  Right now everything is very fuzzy but I expect that to change very fast.  I think Facebook is going to put themselves in a big pickle as other headset creators like Valve and HP come out with their own stand alone.  There is ABSOLUTELY no way Facebook will own the stand alone market.  Facebook will either change their ways or they will lose substantial market share fast across the board.  I could see people deleting Facebook accounts all together if they think they are going to strong arm everyone.  I love the progress they are making and the innovation but all of it can be replicated.   Time will tell.  In the mean time. I am enjoying my Oculus and love what they are doing, but if what they currently do with Facebook (censorship) bleeds over to Oculus in any way they will have created an issue that in the end they will probably lose.  For now, enjoy your product!  

You can now have multiple accounts on one quest 2 making it so both can have separate saves.