cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't get to Steam VR home with airlink

trek554
Adventurer

When I click on Steam VR it either never loads and just sits there spinning or it loads to an in between area and not the actual Steam VR home. If I cant work this out then it is a deal breaker and I will return the Quest 2. 

WIN 11 | 13700KF | MSI MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI | G.SKILL 64GB 6400MHZ CL32 | GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | SEASONIC FOCUS GX-1000
14 REPLIES 14

trek554
Adventurer

thanks for your useless and asinine reply. maybe go troll somewhere else.  

the MAIN reason I bought the Quest 2 was to use airlink and play my pc vr games many of which are on Steam. other people seem to have Steam VR working just fine so I am looking to see what might be causing the issue for me.  

WIN 11 | 13700KF | MSI MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI | G.SKILL 64GB 6400MHZ CL32 | GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | SEASONIC FOCUS GX-1000

@trek554 wrote:
If I cant work this out then it is a deal breaker and I will return the Quest 2.

and sending me abusive messages too and I'm the troll?

goggles on,join airlink

go to desktop

steam library

start game

dont touch steamvr and if its already started/stopped you may need to kill the virtualserver  service

can also swap to openvr dll (google it) if still crapola with svr.............troll out..........

Antec Quattro ~ Asrock Taichi X399 ~ Threadripper 1920X ~ 32gb 3200mhz GSkill ~ RTX3060ti ~ m.2 970evo

PITTCANNA
Visionary

Check the following things:

1.Can you run steamvr in standard wired link?
If no, then you might need to enable outside sources, in the pc app.

If outside sources are enabled and that doesn't work:

Re-install steamvr.

2.Are there programs preventing steamvr from launching?
I typically only have oculus pc app running and close every background process.

3.if you got steam vr running via wired link, and it won't launch via air-link.
Check your router configuration both must be on same network with minimal extraneous devices connected.

4.I see your running win 11, windows 11 has know issues for running vr content.  Downgrade to win 10.

I dont have the the standard wired link but it worked just fine last summer when I tested it out that way. I returned everything at the time as the link connection would just randomly stop working. 

It might be a Windows 11 issue but I am not going back to Windows 10 just for this. Oculus should have had enough sense to have this working after all these months as they know people will use air link to play Steam VR. FFS it takes them months to even let you play with a newly released gpu as they are just that sorry and lazy of a company. 

EDIT: after some more googling I have seen others report this even 6 or 7 months ago and on Windows 10... 

you really have some mental problems. people come here when they have issues or questions, you ignorant twit, and most of the issues I had where issues that many other people were having.  

OK no more personal attacks please.

Yes, a big part of the purpose of this forum is to help solve problems that anyone has. We want everyone to enjoy VR, which sometimes mean solving problems. If someone asks for help, either offer help or don't post.

And just to confirm, Oculus/Meta headsets are for playing Steam games just as much as they're for playing Oculus games.

Lets keep things polite, thanks.

Netric
Honored Guest

you are so cringe, its the headset not him. I have the same problem 

The headset has nothing to do with steamvr. Valve doesn't even have to supply updates for steam to support the quest if they don't want to. Can't get steam vr to work? Blame the user, the users setup or steam. Because The Quest has NO ties to steam what so ever