cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't set oculus as active openxr runtime

jeevil
Honored Guest

jeevil_0-1635902283795.png

i have a quest 2 and use it on link but it wont work at all because when i click the button here it just does nothing

in the quest when i click enable link it loads for a few seconds and just reloads the home area (nothing happens)

please help my quest 2 is unusable for pcvr like this and it seems like such a simple thing

96 REPLIES 96

When i try that and open the Oculus software on an admin account, it makes me reinstall all the software that i already have and when i try to it wont even let me it gives me error OVR88948175 and i cant proceed any further

Have you attempted to repair the PC application already @microman264?

Repair the Oculus PC Application

1. Go to https://www.meta.com/quest/setup/ and click Download software.
  2. Select Repair.
    • If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.
    • If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.
    • If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.
    • Please remember to re-enable your antivirus software once you've completed the repair.
  3. Allow the repair process to run, download and install.
  4. Launch the Oculus PC app.

If this doesn't assist with the issue, we suggest following these steps to gather your Oculus Logs and Submit a Ticket with us so we may assist further within that platform!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have, but ive given up on pcvr for now since i tried with regular link cable and it was laggy af cuz my graphics cards crap

MetaQuestSupport - You are giving the worst advice to this problem i have ever seen. From telling people they need a cable to blaming anti virus. Another user has already solved the issue ... If you don't know what the answer is, stop wasting peoples time and hand it to the devs for official advice JEEEZ

@MetaQuestSupport  Hi, I am using multiple accounts. How can I check the administrator account?

@CWeseloh  Hi, did you find a way to solve this?

When I activate Link in the quest, it just goes into a loading  screen forever. In the Oculus App, it says Oculus is not your default Runtime, click here to fix it. The button doesn't do anything (as the people 2 years ago already mentioned)

I tried:

• Restarting Headset and PC
  • Reinstalling Oculus App
  • Reparing Oculus App
  • Manually changing "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Khronos\OpenXR\1" ActiveRuntime to "C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\oculus_openxr_64.json"

Using:

• Air Link (500mbit/s up down)
  • Official Link Cable
  • Quest 2 (newest Software)
  • Windows 10

On the same day that i got the problem, I was playing without having ANY PROBLEMS! (1st week of January 23)

Hey xTimo, thanks for posting on the forums about this. We're sorry to hear that your device is having troubles loading your content while using Link, it's not normal behavior and we want to get you the help you need! We appreciate your proactive attitude in trying the Factory Reset and repairing your mobile and desktop apps. If the issue still persists at this point, hit up our Online Support Team via email, chat and/or callback for more advanced troubleshooting options!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I dont have this key

I registered here just to thank antgiant, because apparently this forum software has no way for the moderators to "call out" an answer, or they don't care to.

For anyone still having the problem, keep in mind:
  • You have to run regedit as administrator.
  • You have to change TWO registry keys. (changing one might work for PC apps but the software will still complain)
  • You have to create the keys if you don't have them.
  • Changing registry settings can break your windows install. You should not edit your registry if you don't know what you're doing.
  • This is a bug that Oculus should fix.
  • As ridiculously boilerplate as the community manager's answer might appear to be, reinstalling the software and doing a reset could help if it clears Oculus registry settings. I didn't try.

Thanks again @antgiant.