cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't use Oculus Go after Meta Account change

YokoshimaOh
Explorer

Hi,

Meta forced me to update my Oculus account to a Meta account. After I did this, my Oculus didn't start beyond the repeating three dots... I tried everything, but nothing worked.

Finally I decided to factory reset the headset, removed the device in the Oculus mobile app and remove the app from my phone. 

After I reinstalled the app, I started the Oculus Go. This time it's asking me open the Oculus mobile App to connect the headset. In the App I can 'see' the headset and select is. The App then tries to connect, but tells me this headset is already connected to my Meta-account. It advices me to restore the factory default on the headset, which I have done already several times... is this where I toss a perfectly good headset in the bin, or is there a way that I can still get this to work again?

61 REPLIES 61

I loved the garbage condescending response below from META - wow, they are just the worst.  Same boat as you my friend, I bought a bunch of games, so I bought a 2nd backup oculus.  Now support is "limited" and some of the games I purchased just went away saying "we no longer support that version".  Wow does META suck. 

craigturner1977
Honored Guest

I changed my internet a year ago. Now March 2023 I decided to connect my Oculus Go to the new (year old) setup. My Oculus Go had worked great playing the movie files I loaded from computer but as soon as I put in the internet password a forced overlying screen saying I had to update my Meta would not allow me to do anything else. After an hour of trying I decided to factory reset. Now I get a screen by itself saying I have to connect my phone to Meta to get this to startup. I have tried everything. Is there anyway I can just use this to play movies like I used to that I load from my computer? Not only are they not supporting this but they are forcing it to become unusable. Any solution appreciated. If I cant fix this then why would I buy the quest just to have the same thing happen again?

ClassyTinaa
Honored Guest

HI! OMG I think I figured it out because I HAD THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPE TO ME AND JUST GOT IT WORKING!! I went to headset settings and then reset up the headset from there. I HOPE THIS HELPS!!!😭aaaaasassaa.png

Meta app->Devices->headset settings and basically go front there

My son came out to visit and he reactivated my Meta account and hooked up internet on VR glasses and it now works. I really just did not want to be forced to use the Meta account, but I guess there is no choice.

I do have it working, but somewhere along the way it has lost some functionality. I tried to get that through to the support, but the only reply they can produce is to replace it once again. Maybe if we all apply for a replacement again and again and again, they will try to look for a serious solution...  🙂 

By "limited", do you mean completely useless?  That's what it is.  I've spent hours just trying to use the headset I paid for.  I will NEVER support anything meta

this solution does not work, what the heck did you guys do.. completely ruied working device.. which we payed for. please working solution

@Zeetmail wrote:

this solution does not work, what the heck did you guys do.. completely ruied working device.. which we payed for. please working solution

@

The ONLY solution that worked for me is using an older version of the oculus app as mentioned here

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Get-Help/Oculus-Go-not-pairing/m-p/1050340

215.x.x version is garbage and refuses to connect to my Go. Put 213.x.x on and instantly works. I don't know if this is deliberate by meta or incompetence on their part.

Though I'd never recommend installing an app from a 3rd party, it may be your only choice. I suggest turning off auto updates for app too until they fix this.

I used this one

https://m.apkpure.com/meta-quest/com.oculus.twilight/variant/213.0.0.2.111-APK

I clicked the download arrow next to arm64-v8a. 

meta.908499
Honored Guest

I also have the same issue with Oculus Go. Stopped working after Meta account upgrade, customer care advised factory reset, factory reset bricked it. Now it doesn't go past "Grab your phone" screen. Here is response from Meta customer care:

"We were able to review this concern further and this seems to be an issue that needs to be worked on by our engineers as we have received multiple reports that other users are also experiencing this issue. I know that this hinders your VR experience and we do appreciate all the efforts and patience that you've put on this matter.

In the mean time, we ask for your extended patience and understanding while our team is working on a fix with this issue. Rest assured that once they provided an update is we will let you know immediately whether it may be big or small."

Did anyone have any luck finding a solution?