cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot first connect with Quest

chitamamim
Level 3

How many times have I asked this question, I can't pair my Quest with my Android Oculus. No matter how many times I try to factory reset the Quest, the result is the same, I get the Japanese error message "ヘッドセットに接続できません" "もう一度実行". I have tried both turning Bluetooth on/off and connecting to an external device and a smartphone many times.

20 REPLIES 20

JamBox88
Retired Support

Hey @chitamamim! Sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting your device. Here's a few steps that might help you get started.

• Ensure user and headset are using the primary account, and not a secondary account.
  • Ensure the phone and headset are connected to same wireless network.
  • Power cycle the phone and the headset.
    • Power off and then back on again. If unable to power off the headset normally, hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
  • Clear the Bluetooth cache on the phone.

Open Settings and go to Apps, Go to Bluetooth, Tap on Storage and Clear Cache.

• Uninstall and reinstall the Oculus application on the phone.
Kudos, kudos and more kudos!

to JamBox88

Thank you.
I haven't tried clearing the Bluetooth cache out of the information you gave me.
I'll try it now.
see you.

No problem @chitamamim! Hope it works out for you.

Kudos, kudos and more kudos!

I've tried initializing Bluetooth up to 4 times and still can't pair the Quest with my smartphone.
>>After "ペアリングコードが自動的に検出されました" is displayed, "ヘッドセットに接続できません" and "もう一度実行" are displayed(means "cannot connect" and "try again")
>>After being prompted for a 5-digit code, display same message
>>After being prompted for a 5-digit code,The screen display does not change for several tens of minutes
There is nothing else I can do, so I will continue to try, but it may be meaningless to initialize Bluetooth.

thanks.

Hey there, @chitamamim! We'd like to have this resolved for you right away, and we highly encourage that you contact our fantastic support team. The link will be here for you to try if you haven't already, so that we can work with you and get you enjoying the VR world. Let us know how it goes.

Thank you,OculusSupport.

But I cannot open or access The link where using this browser. sorry.

We hope you're having a nice weekend! We'll be more than happy to share with you the link here for our magnificent support team, so they can have this resolved for you right away. Let us know how it goes.

Thank you for your guidance. I intended to read it carefully before asking the question, but I will read it again. I'm sorry if you felt I was being sarcastic.
By the way, please tell me.
Before and after entering the 5-digit code, the LED near the power switch blinks blue, and the screen stays on for a long time.Is there a problem with the wifi?

Hello there, and best wishes for a good weekend! The Blue LED light appears to signal that your headset is ready to pair. Please keep our support team updated on how things are going.