cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant get pc vr to run on my quest 2

b33s3churg3r
Level 2

i was try to set up microsoft flight sim 2020  for my headset but when i had flight sim open on my computer and my headset plugged in with the link, my quest wouldn't even load the link screen. i would just have a black screen and the link screen would pop up for a single frame of the menu every 5-10 seconds. when i navigated off the flight sim tab the menus for the quest worked just fine, its only when i have flight sim as my main tab.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey b33s3chruger! We would love to assist in getting your link capabilities to function properly so you can get back to enjoying Microsoft Flight Sim! We have some steps we'd like for you to try, please follow the follow steps:

• Please repair on your Oculus PC software!
  1. Go to www.oculus.com/setup and click Download Oculus Rift software.
  2. Select Repair.
    • If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.
    • If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.
    • If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.
    • Please remember to re-enable your antivirus software once you've completed the repair.
  3. Allow the repair process to run, download and install.
  4. Launch the Oculus app.
  • Update Oculus drivers!
  1. Close the Oculus app.
  2. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run command.
  3. Enter C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers.
  4. Open oculus-driver.
  5. Open the Oculus app and then try to connect your headset again.
  • If you are enrolled in the PTC, please opt out to see if performance and connectivity are effected. The PTC has been know to cause issue with the Link cable. 
  • Here is a link pertaining details about how to update your graphics drivers and USB drivers: Graphics and USB Drivers!
  • Once you have done all of these steps please restart your headset!
    • With your headset on, hold the power button on the right side of your headset down until you're prompted with a shut-down screen.
    • Select Restart to reboot your Quest 2 or Quest.

We hope the these steps prove useful in getting you into Microsoft Flight Sim without any hitch! If not, please consider submitting a support ticket and provide your log files to our support team. You can find out how to collect your log files at the link here: OculusLogGatherer! The second half of steps are the one's you want to complete to collect the correct files! With those files, our support agents will be better able to pin point the issue and provide you with more troubleshooting!