cant reach oculus service

hjalmarastrom9
Honored Guest

been trying everthing on the forum and re dowloading 5 times not worked

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey hjalmarastrom9, we couldn't help but take a gander at the Oculus service errors you're getting. We know this can be pretty discouraging and would love to lend a hand! 

Some things that have been found to help are listed as follows:

• Updating Graphics card drivers
  • Updating Windows 10 
  • Confirm power save settings are off:
    • Open Device Manager.
    • Locate your USB ports - Expand the universal serial bus controller section at the bottom of the list. Look for the "USB 3.0/3.1/3.10 eXtensible" items.
    • Right click and select Properties.
    • Navigate to Power Management.
    • Ensure that the options to save power are deselected.

If those don't seem to get you back up and running, don't hesitate to reach back out for some more help! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey again, hjalmarastrom9! We were just reaching out to see if those steps seemed to help. If not, don't hesitate to reach back out! 

We're always glad to provide support! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

no sadly this didint work i dont need help with pc vr with cable i cant open the oculus app on pc Skärmbild 2022-06-15 184353.png

Hi there! We would like to confirm that you are using Windows 10? If so, please feel free to reach out to us via private message so that we can continue to assist and look into this matter. 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Different use here.. using Windows 10 and getting the same error.. I've removed all Oculus software and folders and reinstalled the Oculus app. This was working a few months ago but it's no longer working. I'm assuming something to do with a Windows update, but that's just an assumption. I've tried disabling my firewall and antivirus with no luck. I've been seeing this issue happening with other users so it makes sense to me that it's an Oculus/Meta app issue.

Hey @dascoba!

Looks like you're having trouble with the PC application, that's definitely a pesky thing to have trouble with - let's fix this together! First, please be sure to check if your PC meets all the requirements, be sure your drivers are updated and check for any Windows updates you may need.

If everything is updated and requirements are met, please try the troubleshooting steps below.

Repair the Oculus PC Application

1. Go to https://www.meta.com/quest/setup/ and click Download software.
  2. Select Repair.
    • If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.
    • If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.
    • If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.
    • Please remember to re-enable your antivirus software once you've completed the repair.
  3. Allow the repair process to run, download and install.
  4. Launch the Oculus PC app.

If this doesn't assist, we suggest following these steps to gather your Oculus Logs and submit a ticket to our Support Team. We'll be able to view and assist further from there and will have this resolved as quickly as possible!

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?