cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

casting is full of pixels

captainshark19743
Honored Guest

when i cast my quest to pc it is full of pixels and it stops me from rec a vid properly 

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @captainshark19743! Casting is a great way to share your experience from the VR world, and we'd love to help you capture awesome videos! There's a few things you can try to improve the quality of the casting:

• Lower the graphics settings in the app, if possible.
  • Try to limit any interference between your Casting device, your router and the Quest Headset.
  • If your router supports it, try connecting to the internet via 5Ghz connection, rather than 2.4Ghz.

Let us know if these changes showed any improvement! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again @captainshark19743! We're just checking in to see if those steps helped your issue. We look forward to your response!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

it didn't work so iv tried oculus mirror and that didn't work

Hey there, @captainshark19743. Thank you for letting us know that you attempted the suggested troubleshooting and that you also did the Oculus mirror without any luck. We know that having something like this happen while your casting can be less than ideal, and we would like to ask a few questions.

Are you doing this with a Chromecast, a smart TV, or your phone?

Are you attempting to cast and record at the same time?

What troubleshooting have you done already?

We want to let you know the known issues that are associated with casting.

TVs with built-in Chromecast or other smart functionality may be supported, but compatibility cannot be guaranteed with all models.

You may experience issues when casting and recording simultaneously.

Exiting or minimizing the Meta Quest mobile app may interrupt casting.

Casting may increase battery usage or degrade in-app performance.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

i am not using a Chromecast, a smart TV, or my phone i used oculus.com/casting what is very bury 
and i tried to rec from my pc 
and all iv tried is oculus mirror and sidequest casting 

Hey there, @captainshark19743. Thank you for your reply and providing that information for us. So we can get a bit more insight into this, can you tell us the following?

Are all of these requirements being met before attempting to cast?

• Both the headset and the receiving device need to be connected to the same local area network (generally, this just means connected through the same router, though it may be more complex on public or enterprise systems).
  • The best practice is to have the headset connected through 5Ghz, though 2.4Ghz may still work at limited quality.
  • When casting to a computer or mobile app, both the headset and the device displaying the cast must be logged into the same account.
    This limits secondary accounts from casting to the mobile app, as a secondary account cannot be connected to an app.

If so, have you done the following?

Restart your headset, phone, and casting device.

Check for software updates on your headset, phone, and your casting device.
Restart your Wi-Fi router.

Please let us know if you have any questions. We are looking forward to your reply.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?