cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controllers and hand tracking not working after batteries died

one_frame
Honored Guest

first off idk but half of this might be useless detail I'll put marks between the maybe useless detail and important part. (I got my oculus quest 2 for Christmas a couple months back and have had little to no errors, but 2 days ago my controllers died so I had to take some batteries out of my xbox controller were low on batteries at my house. I put them in they didn't work so I restarted it and the worked fine. I played for a bit and then got off for bed. The next day I took the batteries out so I could play xbox and then put them back in the controllers like I have in past when were low on batteries. Then later when I put the batteries back in it didn't work. )What happens is the the headset has the tracking lost screen, but the controllers keep coming up in there normal tracking lost fashion and then vanishing. I try changing the batteries but nothing changes, ok maybe those one are dead. Well today I get brand new unopened batteries and nothing changes. I've tried restart, rebooting, unpairing and repairing the controllers. Just about everything I could think of and find on google. The last thing I haven't but might try as a last ditch effort is a factory reset. If you have any other ideas that might help please send them.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's the worst when you have an awesome experience for months, then have product issues like this! We absolutely want to help, and being that you've tried so many steps (which you rock for), we recommend trying out that factory reset, then reaching out to us here

From there, we'll get an agent to work with you 1 on 1 and come to the right resolution with you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!