cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

device not showing up on my computer

wayne.rounds
Honored Guest

My quest 2 is not showing up when connecting to my computer anymore.  When I first got it did but it doesn;t now.  I have tried a variety of methods to fix the issue even doing a factory reset.  Does anyone have any advice?

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya @wayne.rounds, we see you are having issues with your cable. We understand how important this is for you, and we would love nothing more than to aid you on this matter!

Seeing as the cable use to work, have you tried another cable? If data isn't being transferred, there could be an issue inside the cable with 1 of the 2 data transfer wires. If you try another USB-C 3.0 wire to no avail, please let us know. We'll be waiting to hear from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

wayne.rounds
Honored Guest

I have tried two different cables and tried to see the headset on two different PC.

Greetings, Wayne.Rounds! We're sad to hear that your device aren't showing up on your PC, but we've been in your position before, so please let us to check into this more for you so we can get you back in the game.

Have you attempted to re-start your computer and the headset to establish a fresh connection?

Has your internet been restarted?

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have restarted multiple computers, I have factory reset the headset, the internet has been reset, I have tried multiple cables. 

Howdy there, @wayne.rounds! We strongly advise you to check if your drivers are up to date, as this could be the cause of your inability to connect the headset to your PC. We'll leave you with two great links for you to be able to check if its up tp date. Please keep us updated on how things go so we can determine if any additional steps are required.

Hey there, @wayne.rounds! We just wanted to check in since we haven't heard back from you yet. If you'd still like help with this just let us know, we'd be glad to help out!

Still nothing. 

wayne.rounds
Honored Guest

I'm beginning to think the usb port is broken. I may need to get warranty from Meta.

Thanks for the update! If those troubleshooting steps didn't help, then we would suggest reaching out to our support team with a copy of your Oculus logs in a ticket HERE. To start a support ticket, you'll want to select "Software or content", and then "Other software or content issue". From there, in order to send your logs we would suggest opening an email support ticket with your logs attached. Then our team will be able to get a deeper look into your setup and look into what options we have to get everything working right!