cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firewall blocking airlink

Tamamo-Chan
Level 2

Bought a Quest 2 the other day. It won't connect through airlink to my pc unless I disable windows firewall. I can pair it just fine and connect but it requires leaving the firewall off for the duration of the play session which is unacceptable to me. I manually added rules to allow

E:\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\OculusClient.exe
E:\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\OVRRedir.exe
E:\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\OVRServer_x64.exe
E:\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\OVRServiceLauncher.exe

I also added a rule to allow all traffic through port 5669. I can't seem to find what rule I need to allow or what rule might be blocking it. Any help much appreciated.

Edit: In case someone else has an issue. I fixed it. I manually checked everyone one of my block rules and found that one of them had reset which program to apply to and was instead "apply to every program". I directed it to the correct program is was supposed to be blocking and everything was fine.

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Tamamo-Chan! We understand that you're having trouble connecting to your headset via Air Link and that you need to disable your firewall for it to work properly. We strongly advise you to open a support ticket so you can schedule a callback or chat live with us, as we don't have the tools to determine what is causing this issue here on the forum.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good day! We're getting back to you since we noticed you haven't opened a support ticket. Please feel free to contact us and we will be delighted to help you.