cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

general device problem

2godlyXD
Honored Guest

idk why but i just got a new Rx580 i upgraded from a Rx560 and i played vr probably like a week before and it worked fine but when i installed this card everything worked great but when i opened the oculus app it said general device problem didnt say that before and when i open quest link on my quest it will show the 3 dots for 5-30 seconds then just boot me back to the home screen i have tried factory resetting my quest uninstalling and reinstalling the oculus app with revo (removing everything related to the oculus app on my pc) restarting my pc updating drivers downgrading drivers using a different usb 3 turning usb power saving running oculus in administrator mode ive used the newest amd adrenalin and pro edition and just nothing seems to work i cant believe that my old card that can barely run roblox could do a better job then a "vr ready" card ive heard something about using victual desktop but i aint that smart to know what that is

2 REPLIES 2

Bendit74
MVP
MVP

I can't personally vouch for your Rx580, which is apparently equivalent to a nVidia gtx 1060, which is quite old by now. I run a gtx 1070 myself, and I can use Link indeed. Having said that, what software version is your Quest running? What software version is your Oculus PC Software running? Are you using the AMD 23.11.1 drivers for your Rx580?

For future reference, you should check the software versions on both the Quest and your PC before doing a Quest factory reset. There's no need to do so in most cases. Last time the devs had to fix Link, all I did is make sure I had the intended software versions once the devs deployed the newer versions. As I said, it fixed the Link issues without a factory reset of anything, and without Windows Safe Mode and all that mess.

Intel i7-7700K, 32GB RAM - nVidia GTX 1070 Amp Edition 8GB GDDR5. Link Cable.

2godlyXD
Honored Guest

yes ive updated all drivers apps and the quest it self i missed on thing in the device manager the radeon(TM) graphics that needed to be updated so i did it and restarted my pc and the quest linked started then i turned it off just to shut some apps down to play and it just stopped working again theres something wrong with my gpu or cpu