cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grey screen during play

loutzl
Honored Guest

I am sure this is something I am doing as I am new but could use some help

I am playing a game, i use my left hand to adjust the headset from the bottom or side (hitting no buttons), my screen goes grey and I can't get the game back. I end up having to power off and on to get it back but then I lose my session/workout altogether. Thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey loutzl ! We know that having a grey screen could be worrying. So let's see if we can do something about it. Sometimes a hard reboot or a factory reset resolves this issue.

Try a Hard Reboot:

• Turn off your headset. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Boot Device and press the power button.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

If that has no effect on the issue, then please perform a factory reset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Let us know if that helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

i have a similar problem i get put on a blackscreen when using airlink and when I boot up pcvr games threw the app I  can hear the audio still on the blackscreen and the game is coming threw my monitor

Hmm, there are some different things that can cause Air Link to give a black screen. The most important one would be to check if your PC fits the requirements for Quest Link. If you don't see your GPU listed, I can't confirm that it will work but I have seen people run our software with unsupported GPU's before.

Along with that, we have an article for Air Link troubleshooting which you can find here. I will, however, post the best practices section here:

• Have your PC connected to Router/Access Point via Ethernet cable
  • Headset should be connected to Wi-Fi via 5GHz band (AC or AX)
  • Router in the same room as the headset or in line-of-sight, and at least 1m off the ground
  • Air Link works best with non-mesh network configuration

If you do fit within the requirements, I would recommend the following:

1. Check for updates to your GPU.
  2. Check for updates to Windows 10/11.

Hope this helps but if not, let me know! 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling