cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grey screen during play

loutzl
Level 2

I am sure this is something I am doing as I am new but could use some help

I am playing a game, i use my left hand to adjust the headset from the bottom or side (hitting no buttons), my screen goes grey and I can't get the game back. I end up having to power off and on to get it back but then I lose my session/workout altogether. Thoughts?

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey loutzl ! We know that having a grey screen could be worrying. So let's see if we can do something about it. Sometimes a hard reboot or a factory reset resolves this issue.

Try a Hard Reboot:

• Turn off your headset. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Boot Device and press the power button.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

If that has no effect on the issue, then please perform a factory reset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Let us know if that helps!