cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

has any onme else had this OculusVadApoEventTrace failed to start.

Baz27
Honored Guest
 Rift seems to be working fine but but this was in event viewer 39 occasions in last hour. Says it failed to start with following error Cx0000035
10 REPLIES 10

DaOtherOne
Honored Guest
I am having the same issue but I have thousands of those errors in my event log.  What is the fix?

TheToothFairy1
Honored Guest
Im getting the same thing. "Session "OculusVadApoEventTrace" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035"

Happens when im not even playing with oculus and the app is closed. I was playing GTA V on steam and this occures. Hundreds of this event in a matter of seconds. 

WHAT IS THE FIX?!?!

Sylas
Protege
Well if you want the fix on getting OculusVadApoEventTrace log to start, I don't know.  But if you want OculusVadApoEventTrace to stop spamming your event logs, then goto

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\OCUSBVID\{091292F9-4F6C-47E1-B483-35D399D45C4C}
Set "Enabled" on the right side to "0"

DISCLAIMER
1. If you don't know what I'm referring to above, then please disregard.  You can do extensive damage that may prevent you from even using your computer.

2. Oculus Tech Support may not be able to help you if you have any other problems that require them to see the logs that we have disabled.

3. Finally, this has not been thoroughly tested by me.  I had the same problem with thousands of entries in my logs, and wanted them gone.  If you suffer any problems running Oculus stuff then return back to the key above and replace the "0" with a "1"

thibmac
Honored Guest
@Sylas This entry doesn't exist in my registry, yet I get these annoying logs and that causes my PC to freeze

Sylas
Protege
Something else is causing your pc to freeze.  This fix is to stop OCUSBVID from spamming your logs.  If you are on windows 10 (and im pretty sure you are) the key should be there, else you might want to uninstall Oculus software and re-install.  As a side note, you may want to uninstall and reinstall video, audio and chipset drivers.  Use monitoring software like MSI Afterburner with Rivatuner statistics server to keep an eye on temps while playing in VR.  If you're overheating or running low on resources, it could cause your pc to hang.  Troubleshoot it like you would for any game.. VR or not.

SGMRock
Explorer
I don't have that entry either in my registry which makes me wonder if that is why I'm getting the error to start with.

byronhinson
Explorer

Did anyone get to the bottom of this - got the same error come up recently when it never used to and nothing has changed - also don't have that registry entry.

KoSZB101
Honored Guest

Check out this thread https://community.osr.com/discussion/241131/iocreatedevice-fails-with-error-c0000035

The error is from an Oculus control file launching 2 or more objects with the same name. Its obvously a sloppy script that hasn't been bothered to be fixed. This post also gives examples of what to look for and how to fix it. Happy hunting!

Check out this thread https://community.osr.com/discussion/241131/iocreatedevice-fails-with-error-c0000035

The error is from an Oculus control file launching 2 or more objects with the same name. Its obvously a sloppy script that hasn't been bothered to be fixed. This post also gives examples of what to look for and how to fix it. Happy hunting!

imo it did this over 1000 times to mine and crashes games in the background! Companies need to make products that actually, ya know, Work!