cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i accident wet my quest 2 and there is a black screen

PicThePichu
Honored Guest

I was going back home to play some VR games for pc and I realize my quest 2 lens were dirty, thanks to my bad moves, I used my glasses cleaners but it had a leak in it so i tried wiping it off fast. my quest is wet and gave me meta slowly flashing screen. I was being ashamed to myself for this so I look for an answer to fix it so it went straight to my locked screen. when I tried to put it on, the quest screen was still black when I was wearing it. I put my thumb if it stays on and it didn't work. I tried wiping the face sensor and still didn't work. And lastly the factory reset I tried resetting it and still black screen. Any suggestion would be helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @PicThePichu! We hate to hear when our users are having a tough time with their headset. We know how crucial it is to get this looked at and sorted out. Not to worry. We fully agree that the best option for you would be to connect with our specialized team here. We'll be able to check further into this for you and provide assistance. If you need help creating a ticket, please let us know. We'll be happy to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

If liquid has got inside the headset, there could be almost any sort of damage. Lens cleaning should be with a dry microfibre cloth only. Any warranty won't technically cover liquid ingress but you should log a support ticket anyway.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @PicThePichu! We hate to hear when our users are having a tough time with their headset. We know how crucial it is to get this looked at and sorted out. Not to worry. We fully agree that the best option for you would be to connect with our specialized team here. We'll be able to check further into this for you and provide assistance. If you need help creating a ticket, please let us know. We'll be happy to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

You don't dislike it? I'm not sure that's supposed to be the Meta message, even if we all suspect it's the truth.

So I followed the instructions and my warranty was expired. I really don’t know what else to do anymore. Thanks for replying anyways.

Hey @PicThePichu! Sometimes issues like this need a second opinion, so we highly encourage you to reach out to a live agent rather than going through the self serve process. Let us know if you need any help getting into contact with the support team and we'll be happy to provide the steps to do so from the support page.