Explorer

my home on my oculus rift s.jpeg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @will.yearwood17!

We see you're interested in the VR Home experience. Not to worry, we'd love to help you out! In order to better understand your situation, we'd like to ask a couple of questions. If you don't mind, kindly answer the following:

• Have you used any 3rd party programs?
  • Are you referring to the VR Home app here?
  • Are you looking for an app or use the home screen?
  • Are you trying to visit homes with a friend?

Any more details that you have regarding what you're looking, would be greatly appreciated!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @will.yearwood17!

We see you're interested in the VR Home experience. Not to worry, we'd love to help you out! In order to better understand your situation, we'd like to ask a couple of questions. If you don't mind, kindly answer the following:

• Have you used any 3rd party programs?
  • Are you referring to the VR Home app here?
  • Are you looking for an app or use the home screen?
  • Are you trying to visit homes with a friend?

Any more details that you have regarding what you're looking, would be greatly appreciated!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

im trying to use the home envirment i hate the grid

will.yearwood17
Explorer

im looking for the home evirements and i want to a home insted of grid i woud like to have oculus home like the rift and able to change it and able to make ur home evirement

@will.yearwood17 Please click this link: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1432150526836829/ 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

kojack
MVP
MVP

In the oculus desktop app, go into Settings / General and at the bottom of the page turn on the "Automatically Launch Oculus Home".

Now when you put on your headset, it should launch the Home application (it may take a while to load). From here you can customise your home, see all the items you've earned by playing games, do some archery, etc.

The VR Home the others mentioned is a third party program, not the official Home that comes with the Rift software (it's the reason the desktop software download is so huge, it's an Unreal engine program with gigs of assets).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

i have it but it dos not work

i done that and it dont work

Hmm.

Do you have a C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-worlds directory? (Assuming you uses the default install location) If so, try going in there and running the Home2.exe program. Maybe something is corrupt in your install.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

TWiG420
Honored Guest

I no longer have the HOME button on my menu ... I do find the directory for it in the Oculus install files, bit running it only flashes a window up real fast, then closes. Has this feature been taken away from Rift S users??

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?