cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS meta app location services

grembel
Explorer

So after I finally got the meta app to log in (safari block all cookies ... weird), now the app is finally ready to pair with the quest 2.

Only it does not work. Bluetooth shows quest 2 connected, it lets me put in pairing code (sometimes detected automatically) then goes spinning and ultimately goes to try again.

My iPhone is a 6S, iOS 15.7, app version 178.1

I keep reading that the app needs location services turned on ... it just never requests location services from iOS.

Did several factory resets of the quest 2, rebooted iphone, deleted/reinstalled app several times, tried the hotspot wifi, you name it.

Why the phone app is needed at all is beyond me.

So will I ever get to actually use the headset ? Ever ?

7 REPLIES 7

Ob1Koalani
Explorer

I have the exact same phone and app and this is a brand new Quest 2 and am having the same exact problem. Post a solution if you are ever given one. I am seriously thinking about just returning the d.a.m.n. thing.

grembel
Explorer

Ended up borrowing an iPad from a friend. After pairing with the ipad, the app worked with the quest 2 on my phone.

Hey there, @Ob1Koalani! We completely understand how difficult it can be to pair new Bluetooth devices with our phone, we'll do our best to get you in to the VR world.

If you haven't already, we'll leave some troubleshooting steps below for you to try out.

• Restart both devices
  • Sync to another Bluetooth host device
  • Sync a different Bluetooth device
  • Toggle the Bluetooth radio on the host device
  • Clear the Bluetooth cache on the host device (see how to below)
  • Allow some time for the host device to cool

Please let us know how things go so that we can determine if any additional steps are required.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have tried all of the above. The problem does not appear to be Bluetooth.
My Quest 2 is not having any problem pairing with my phone via Bluetooth. It is having a problem connecting to the app. The app says it detects the Quest but when I try to put in the code it says it failed to pair. And that's *when* it asks for the code. Other times it won't even ask for a code it just tries to pair with the same result. I have reset the Quest eight times now and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app five times.

We understand how concerning it can be to not know what is causing your headset to not pair with the app. So, the best way to go is to contact our amazing support team for further assistance, we'll put their contact link here so that they can point you in the right path and get you the best solution. Please keep us updated on how things go.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I did.
Here's my ticket number: 6298507
They have no solution and asked to switch to emails (which is pretty telling).
A lot of people are having this problem. The common denominator: the mobile App.

We appreciate you sharing that information, and we will make sure to address any issues that might be preventing your device from operating as intended. Have you recently taken a look at the iOS version you are using? Did you recently update your application? It could be a possibility that the app isn't running correctly because of the versions of software you are using.