cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there haptics in Quest 3 controller or just the battery moving around?

Vorzec
Honored Guest

I recently received my Quest 3, but I've noticed that the controllers no longer vibrate as they did before. I enjoy playing music games like Ragnarock and Beat Saber, and the Quest 3 controller now has a significantly weaker vibration, to the point where it feels more like something is broken inside rather than providing proper feedback. It's become quite annoying, to the extent that I've stopped playing those games. Even in other games, I get frustrated due to the weak controller vibration. So, instead of having the feeling of a broken controller, I've opted to turn off the vibration altogether.

After some online research, I discovered that many people are facing this issue. Is there any way to fix this problem?

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @Vorzec! Thank you so much for reaching out to us in regards to this problem. It is our priority to make sure all of our users have the best Meta experience possible, so we want to get this fixed up for you ASAP! So that we can have a better idea of what may be happening, please go ahead try these following steps:

1. Reboot headset
  2. Remove batteries from controllers for at least 10 minutes to fully reboot them
  3. Change batteries for new set of batteries

Once you have give these steps a try, please let us know if any issues persist! Hope to hear back from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Sluttty
Protege

Any resolution here? I'm having the same problem.

Hey there! Having strong haptics is pretty important for really feeling like you're there in the moment! We'd love to continue helping out. If you're still having issues even after the steps above, we can also recommend factory resetting the controllers themselves, which resets the firmware. This might be able to fix the weaker haptics!

Use the correct button combination to start the factory reset process.

Right: Hold the A button and tap the Home (Meta logo) button 5 times.

Left: Hold the X button and tap the Menu button 5 times.

1. The LED will blink orange/white while the factory reset is being performed.
  2. The LED will then change to light-blue during boot.
  3. Controllers can be used again as normal once boot completes.

If that doesn't work out, we encourage you to reach out to us in a PM, so that we can look further into what might be going on with it!

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here! Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there! Just checking up on both of you to see if factory resetting those controllers worked out or not! We'd love to help out more if you'd both reach out to us in a PM.

Just refer to our reply above for steps on how to do so!

Hello is there any solution for this, I try to reboot my controller with ur guide but it didn't works at all, after the fifth tap at meta buttons only the submit feedback pop up, it didn't reboot as u mention

Marzaday
Honored Guest

OK so I thought it was just me. I will try the controller reset today but if that fails what are my next steps? do I ask for a return. The headset is less than a month old and the left controller feels like its about to drop dead in terms of vibration.

Hey @Marzaday! Thanks for reaching out about the vibration level on your controller. We understand how important it is for the vibration to be correct to gain the full experience of VR, and we'd be happy to look into this with you!

If you've already checked or replaced the batteries, repaired the controllers, and rebooted the headset, then we would recommend a factory reset. Please be sure to activate Cloud Backup first to ensure things like your app progress and settings are saved. Let us know if the status light on your controller is blinking, solid, or not activating. With this information, we'll be able to provide the next best steps!

Hi again! We're following up to make sure you caught our last message. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.