cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue converting an existing Meta account to parent controlled

isdfpbr
Explorer

I am trying to convert my sons meta account for his Meta Quest 2 to be in line with his age.  It suspended his account and I now cannot get any further and he cannot use his device.

I raised a support request 2 weeks ago but they have not resolved the issue, I have also sent a private message to MetaQuestSupport but no response.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

isdfpbr
Explorer

These were the steps provided to me.  steps 5 and 6 were different for me and I had to go through a number of steps and provide a credit card as proof of age.  Also, the defaulted email address on one step had my childs email address as the parent address, this needed to be overtyped.  Otherwise, this worked for me and my son is now happy.

1. You will need to work with two Meta Accounts. One account will be the Child Account (the account that received the account suspension notification email), and the other account will be the Parent or Guardian Meta Account.
  2. Go to ( https://auth.meta.com/verify/parents) and log in to the account you would like to transition to a Parent Managed Meta Account
  3. Copy the above link and paste it into a new incognito or private window to log into the Parent or Guardian Meta Account
  4. Follow the steps on screen by logging into or creating a parent account
  5. Go back to the original browser window from step #2, refresh the page, and accept the new parent account as the supervisor.
  6. Click the link to accept the new parent

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi isdfpbr. We appreciate you reaching out to us and understand the concern you have with your issue not being resolved yet. We are unable to give an exact ETA, as a response will be determined by the volume received and when an update becomes available. 

• Username/alias on your Meta Quest account
  • Full name on your Meta Quest account
  • Email on your Meta Quest account
  • Case or ticket number

If you could provide us with the following information, we would be happy to leave a note for support, and they will contact you as soon as an update is available.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have lost count of how many times I have been asked to provide this information, the case number is 06846662 and all the information needed should be found there.

isdfpbr
Explorer

These were the steps provided to me.  steps 5 and 6 were different for me and I had to go through a number of steps and provide a credit card as proof of age.  Also, the defaulted email address on one step had my childs email address as the parent address, this needed to be overtyped.  Otherwise, this worked for me and my son is now happy.

1. You will need to work with two Meta Accounts. One account will be the Child Account (the account that received the account suspension notification email), and the other account will be the Parent or Guardian Meta Account.
  2. Go to ( https://auth.meta.com/verify/parents) and log in to the account you would like to transition to a Parent Managed Meta Account
  3. Copy the above link and paste it into a new incognito or private window to log into the Parent or Guardian Meta Account
  4. Follow the steps on screen by logging into or creating a parent account
  5. Go back to the original browser window from step #2, refresh the page, and accept the new parent account as the supervisor.
  6. Click the link to accept the new parent

Hey isdfpbr! Thank you so much for providing us with your support ticket number and the steps you were provided. We are glad to hear our support team was able to provide you with the steps to convert the account to a parent-managed account. Thank you so much for your patience during this process, and please do let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I am having this same issue but the link in your post doesn’t work. I am beyond frustrated with Meta. 

isdfpbr
Explorer

Make sure you have gone to the meta website and logged out before trying the link.  

Thanks.  Tried that too.  Still says link is invalid.  I'm trying not to get too angry with Meta but I'm at the end of my rope.  I think this is what they want - give up, create a new child's account and buy all the games again. 

isdfpbr
Explorer

Maybe something was done to my account prior to doing the above solution.  I was in a similar position, it took around 2 weeks to finally get a response that helped.  Prior to that you are in the Meta support holding pattern.  If it helps, I did get a store voucher at the end. 

It just seems so many are having this issue.  It should not be this hard for parents to fix the kids suspended accounts.  Just venting now.  My son is so devastated that he may have to start all over, factory reboot his new headset and lose 2 years worth of games and progress. 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?