cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lag toubles

BloodEyeDracul
Explorer

I've been dealing with a situation for a few days now, ive been trying to access my quest link open to play vrchat up but the moment i do it my frames drop and everything gets slow and difficult to move. im unsure if its because of the sudden addition of that new among us game in the quest link store but ive been unable to play ever since. if i could get some suggestions on what to do or how to fix then i would really appreciate it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I managed to have my situation cleared and fixed. thank you for your help. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya BloodEyeDracul! We understand you are having issues with your screen! No worries, we'll do our best to get this stitch figured out. Just so we can get a better look at this for you please let us know the following:

- Does this happen with all your games using Link?

- Is VR chat the only app doing this? 

- Have you done any troubleshooting steps? 

- Has it ever worked smoothly for you before?

If you are still experiencing issues with it, please reach out to Meta Store Support or hit us up on here. we are always happy to help. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

It's been happening with all my games from what I see, I've been trying to restart and turning on and off my headset, it's been still having the same effect. It's been running smoothly the past months I've been playing with air link, I've had no issues until now.

Hey there again! We appreciate your quick response. We understand that you are still having issues, we do have some additional questions to ask, if you don't mind providing me with these details: 

- Have you updated your Graphic drivers?

- If you have not, can you uninstall them then reinstall them 

- Are you using our official USB-C cable, or is it a third party cable? 

- Are you currently using any VPN's? (this can cause issues for Air Link)

- What other troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve your issue? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

All my graphic drives are up to date. I am unsure if I have the official quest link cord but I mostly used air link for the oculus. Both ways still have the same effect. Could it be the model of computer I own? It's a alienware Dell. I am still unsure of my situation and I feel almost out of ideas.

My current cable is a USB 3.0 extension cable.

I managed to have my situation cleared and fixed. thank you for your help. 

Hey @BloodEyeDracul! Thanks for lettings know you were able to fix the issue on your own! That's amazing to hear. Would you mind sharing what you did in case our community ever experience the same issue? 

If you ever in need of any concern or help in the future don't hesitate to reach out! 

@MetaQuestSupport wrote:

Hey @BloodEyeDracul! Thanks for lettings know you were able to fix the issue on your own! That's amazing to hear. Would you mind sharing what you did in case our community ever experience the same issue? 

If you ever in need of any concern or help in the future don't hesitate to reach out! 

I reset my settings back to default, I'm able to run oculus link better, of course my frames kinda lag a little but it was nowhere near as worse as what I was dealing with the past few days.

We're just glad to hear you are able to enjoy your time in VR now without the crazy lag from before.

And once again, if you ever need our help, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us. Hope you have a nice rest of your week!

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?