cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

medal of honor not run in secondary account

Gianni_14
Honored Guest

I have medal oh honor in the main account of the oculus quest 2 works perfect but does not allow me to use it in the account number 2 but the other games if it allows me to use them. when I look for it with the account number 2 in the store it tells me to buy it again.

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Gianni_14! We do understand how not being able to play Medal of Honor on your second account, can cause you trouble when you are trying to play with family or friends. We do have a couple of troubleshooting steps we'll like to try to resolve this. We want to try removing the secondary account and re-adding it back to see if that can resolve it.

To remove the secondary account, please follow these steps.

1. Press on your right Touch controller to pull up your universal menu.
  2. Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  3. Select Settings in the top right corner, then select Accounts.
  4. Select Remove next to the account you wish to remove, then select Remove again to confirm.

Next We'll like for you to reboot the headset with these steps.

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Reboot and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

After doing all that, please follow these steps to add the secondary account.

1. Press on your right Touch controller to pull up your universal menu.
  2. Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  3. Select Settings in the top right corner, then select Accounts.
  4. Select Add Account in the top right corner.

We are looking forward to your update and getting you back into VR! If you have anymore questions or concerns, please reach back out.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Gianni_14, did you find these troubleshooting methods useful? Keep us updated on your progress so we can provide the necessary help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

ErnieScreecher
Honored Guest

Hi,

I have the same problem in that Medal of Honor won't show up in the second account on my Quest 2.

I have tried rebooting, dropping and recreating the secondary account etc but no use. The second account is 17 years old (DOB set in Meta account) but this is a PEGI 16 so that shouldn't be an issue.

Any ideas?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey ErnieScreecher, you will want to perform a Factory Reset between dropping and adding the secondary account again and nor a simple power reboot. Here is how you perform a factory reset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Reboot and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

If you have anymore questions or concerns, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response. I'm slightly confused because you say I should do a factory reset but then give instructions that just reboot the device. Which is it to be? I have done the delete user, reboot and re-add the user a couple of times already after following the notes given earlier in this thread but to no avail.

If I do a factory reset I will have to re-create both my main and second user and also re-install all the games I have downloaded so far. I can do this if I need to but is that really what you are suggesting I do?

Is this a specific bug for/with Medal of Honor? All the other games I have are visible to the second account.

I just wanted to be sure before I zap everything and have to wait half a day for it all to download again.

Cheers.

Hey hey! This is quite the pickle to be in so I'd be glad to provide a bit of insight.

From what I've been able to find, this has been a bit of an ongoing thing with Medal of Honor not being able to be app shared.

I would suggest reaching out to the developers through their social channels. I did manage to find their twitter so hopefully this does seem to be of some use.

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling