cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my left meta quest pro controller menu button not working

joshua.469604
Honored Guest

my left menu button does not give input when i press it but the tracking can tell that my thumb is over it, it just doesnt work, what can i do to fix it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hard rebooting the headset worked.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Hey @joshua.469604, we see you're having trouble with your pro controller and wanted to jump in and provide some assistance. If you could go ahead and try resetting your controller and let us know the results it would be greatly appreciated.

To factory reset the Pro controllers, please try the following:

1. Right Controller: Hold A and Oculus buttons until the LED begins flashing red/white.
    1. Left Controller: Hold X and Menu buttons until the LED begins flashing red/white.
  2. Release the buttons immediately after the LED begins blinking red/white.
  3. Perform a manual pairing and check if controller LED would flash blue and white to signal pairing state.
  4. Once paired, controllers may take a while to update and stay unresponsive until they finish, and LED would be purple during the update.

Please let us know if you still have any issue!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

How can I factory reset my left controller when it’s menu button is unresponsive?

Hey @joshua.469604, we wanted to make sure holding X along with the menu button would result in the controller beginning the reset. If you're not noticing any changes though its okay we're happy to continue further troubleshooting with you in the PM's

To reach out all you need to do is select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there @joshua.469604, we haven't heard from you yet. We just wanted to come and check on you to see if you still needed any assistance?

MrMemesta
Honored Guest

My quest pro left has the same issue. How could I fix it?

I need some help fixing my issue. I reset my left controller or tried to, which bricked because I couldn't repair the controller to the headset. After all, the menu button doesn't work. As for the moment, the pro controllers are 300-dollar paperweight I can't use. Any ideas to fix my issue?

Hey there @MrMemesta, we understand you are having issues with your Quest Pro controller menu button not working. we could see how this kind of issue could cause problems navigating the VR space, and would love to help you how we can!

Are you still able to press and hold the menu button to re-center your view? Have you tried any of the steps we provided in this thread previously?  Especially resetting the controller, which has helped many customers with similar issues.

If you still have issues after a reset, feel free to send us a message at any time from our Profile Page, and we would love to review this for you further.

Hi there!

Unfortunately I don't have that ability anymore, it won't allow me to long press nor react to any sort of press. Doesn't allow for any sort input to the menu button, so it's unpaired from my quest 2 and I am unable to use it. Because I can't reconnect the device to the headset.  For now  both controllers are bricked because I can only pair the right controller. I find my issue with my menu button difficult, as I can't access my SteamVr overlay.

Sadly it won't even go into pairing mode, the unit won't recognize any press from the menu button

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?