cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my quest2 working on pc link but not steam vr

Sergeant-Max
Explorer

My quest works perfect before but i believe after update, it not work as before.
symptom is working on oculus link as normal but steamVR(301 error) and other pcvr showing VR (Assetto corsa )not initialized,

it was work very well before update,

-my setup-
window 10
i5 9400 / nvidia RTX 2060
Meta Quest Link version 65.0.0.499.343(65.0.0.499.343)
quest2 update : latest

-What i tried until now-.
Cable check = done
USB check = Done
USB change into other port = done
Nvidia driver update = done
oculus setup exe = reinstall done
USB driver update = check and done
Quest factory reset=done 
Steam VR conflict program check = done

Please give me some idea 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This case, I uninstall and reinstall Oculus link program in PC but still the same. 
Somehow i figured out virtual desktop streamer Program in PC was problem i guess, 
i didn't use this program a years until now but somehow when i uninstall thus program, everything works normal like before. and when i reinstall this virtual desktop at PC, PCVR won't work normal.

anyway i am happy now that i can use PCVR and steamVR like before but i also wonder what was problem.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Sergeant-Max! We see you are having some issues with SteamVR, and we understand how this can possibly disrupt an amazing VR experience. However, as much as we would love to help, we are not able to provide you with the support you need since you mentioned that you are only experiencing this with SteamVR, and while using Link, your head is working well. Please reach out to the SteamVR help center here, as they would know how to better assist you with the questions you are having. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us again if you have any further questions! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Dear community manager, 

I already tried Steam Vr, trouble shooting and this is not only steam VR. 
in oculus link, it connected by cable and i also can access desk top, but for PCVR game, it have sound from game through quest2 but not vision, 

game showing VR not initialized, even not using steam VR.

Hey @Sergeant-Max, thanks for clarifying what is going on for us! We would be happy to take a look if you can reply here with some info for us:

1. Are you running the game through the Occulus app, or through another platform like Steam?
  2. Can you give us more information about what you are seeing, including screenshots of any error messages that pop up?
  3. Id the link working fine for everything other than the game itself?
  4. Does your computer meet the minimum system requirements to use PCVR?
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi again!

1. before (about until 20days ago) it works well but now not able to initialized VR game.
I use both PCVR by Oculus link and steam VR, now both are not able to start game by VR

2. Game start like usual and quest2 also trying to start but VR vision in quest2 is not working, just showing loading... icon.
in PC game showing VR fail to intialized (assetto corsa by Oculus link, not steam VR) / If i try launch steam VR, showing  "a Key components of steam VR isn't working properly"

3. Yes, other in Oculus apps are works fine  / Oculus link also can see PC desk top and can hear the sounds as well.

4. Yes, my all PCVR games works very well until 20days ago, but suddenly not working. 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Sergeant-Max, thanks for getting back to us with that info. From here, we would recommend backing up any of your PCVR app data, then doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of your Oculus desktop app.

1. Disconnect the Link cable from the computer
  2. Disconnect your computer from the internet
  3. Backup any necessary content. You can find steps on how to do so by clicking here.
  4. Reboot into Safe Mode. You can find steps on how to do so by clicking here.
  5. Uninstall the Oculus PC app using the Control Panel. You can find steps on how to do so by clicking here.
  6. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:C:\Program Files
  7. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    1. C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    2. C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    3. C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    4. C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    5. C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  8. Restart your computer in normal mode
  9. Reconnect your computer to the internet
  10. Install the Oculus PC app again using the setup tool from our website here
  11. Reconnect the Link cable and re-test the headset

Hopefully that gets everything running smoothly for you once more!

Hey, we wanted to check back in here to see if you still needed assistance with this. Please don't hesitate to hit us up!

This case, I uninstall and reinstall Oculus link program in PC but still the same. 
Somehow i figured out virtual desktop streamer Program in PC was problem i guess, 
i didn't use this program a years until now but somehow when i uninstall thus program, everything works normal like before. and when i reinstall this virtual desktop at PC, PCVR won't work normal.

anyway i am happy now that i can use PCVR and steamVR like before but i also wonder what was problem.

Thank you for providing us with this awesome update! We are glad you were able to get everything back up and running as normal, and we are happy that you were able to find the root of this issue you were having. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us again if you come across any other questions, and we will be happy to help!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?