cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no available devices horizon workrooms

andrewP777
Protege

Horizon Workrooms is only working with laptops.  I believe it is because it is not compatible with aftermarket video cards such as Radeon or Nvidia.  Can you please comment if you were able to get it to work with one of these type video cards?  Thank you!

24 REPLIES 24

Hey there @Brouts! We know how crucial it is for businesses to have full functionality and all features operating as expected. This is not the type of experience we want our users to have. We'd love for you to submit these insights so we can continue to improve our services, here are the steps to do so:

1. From the Workrooms web app, click on your name in the bottom left corner.
  2. Click Help & Support, then click Give Feedback or Report a Problem.

We would also love to assist you with this, please let us know what troubleshooting steps you've already tried so we can look into options to get this resolved for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey Brouts! We are just reaching out to see if you are still having issues with Workrooms. Let us know so we can move forward to the next steps.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi,

still can’t get it to work.  Would be great to have someone to speak to in order to talk me through it please!

Hey @Brouts! We see that you are still experiencing some issues in regards to Horizon Workrooms. We want to make sure you're able to use your headset to it's full capability and know how bothersome it is to not have that full potential. Can you please provide us with the troubleshooting steps you have already tried that way we don't rehash anything for you. Also, we'd like for you to submit any issues or concerns that you may be experiencing so we can continue to improve our services, listed below are the steps to do so:

• From the Workrooms web app, click on your name in the bottom left corner.
  • Click Help & Support, then click Give Feedback or Report a Problem.

We'll be waiting to hear back from you in order to assist you further and work towards getting this issue resolved as quickly as possible! 

Hey there @Brouts, we just wanted to follow-up with you and see if you were still needing assistance with Horizon Workrooms. Feel free to reach back out to us if you happen to have any further questions or concerns. We are always happy to help! 

Kingslayer
Explorer

I wanted to try this out but experience the same issue, tried re-installing meta quest remote desktop to no avail. The windows app just says "No available devices" and inside the headset it just says "Looking for computers" momentarily and then the text disappears.

Quest Pro and Windows 11, all software is up to date with no updates available.

Hello @Kingslayer, we see you are having a problem getting Workrooms to connect with your PC. We understand how troublesome this may be, but we're here to assist you all that we can. 

Just to narrow down some factors, can you doublecheck the following for us:

• Make sure your headset and computer are on the same network.
  • Connect your headset to Wi-Fi via 5GHz band, if available.
  • Have your router in the same room as your headset or in line-of-sight, and at least 3 feet (1 meter) off the ground.
  • Ensure your router's software is up to date.
  • Check your computer's firewall settings (they tend to not like our services).
  • Closing other apps or programs that are using your network or streaming may improve performance.
  • If you're still experiencing issues, try rebooting your router.
  • If you're consistently experiencing low bandwidth, contact your ISP.

Hope this information was helpful. If the issue still persist, please don't hesitate to let us know.

hi did you found the solve way?i am meeting the same problem

I have the same exact issue, i can't connect i already tried reporting the problem with screeshots and everything, i think this a bigger issue then just rebooting your PC, i tried everything above and i am using a dell leptop with intel core i5 still can't connect with workrooms.
it works perfect with immersed so i know the connection are ok this has to be an app issue.

please let us know if there is anythign else we can try i think i already tried everyting.

In the mean time i will have to return to immersed to do work since this is not working.

0Infy0
Honored Guest

I'm also having the same issue using my desktop pc. (running windows 10 and meeting the spec requirements.)

Tried the usual fix "turn it off and on again" for everything.

Tried switching off windows firewall and double checking all network settings. Same as JR.G, immersed works just fine but there are many people who exclusively use workrooms that I can't interact with the way I want to without the remote desktop app working. 

I've been searching for a long time to try to find a solution.