cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no available devices horizon workrooms

andrewP777
Protege

Horizon Workrooms is only working with laptops.  I believe it is because it is not compatible with aftermarket video cards such as Radeon or Nvidia.  Can you please comment if you were able to get it to work with one of these type video cards?  Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

andrewP777
Protege

So just as I have said in previous posts, we know the problem.  It does not work with GPU's... only intel motherboards.  If you have Nvidia or AMD, forget about being able to use this product.  They know about the issue, and they have decided not to invest to fix it!

View solution in original post

ThomasHo
Protege

had to open the software with admin rights, then it worked

Greetings, Thomas
from Germany
----------------------------------------
DK2 / Vive / Valve Index / Quest 3

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

andrewP777
Protege

Also, the app with the probelm is Oculus Remote Desktop.  It seems to be a far reaching problem.  A search on the internet shows that about 70% of people trying to use Horizon Workroom are effected.

rmcilmoyle
Honored Guest

on my intel mac, it shows no available devices. this seems like it is a common problem with no solution so other than a whiteboard... what is the point?

andrewP777
Protege

So just as I have said in previous posts, we know the problem.  It does not work with GPU's... only intel motherboards.  If you have Nvidia or AMD, forget about being able to use this product.  They know about the issue, and they have decided not to invest to fix it!

TitanFlyer
Explorer

I thought I was going nuts, but I can pair my headset and everything else works, but when I launch Remote Desktop (Oculus) it says no device available and says to go to the site to do it. I am on a macbook pro with Intel Core I9, not the M1 chip. I am about to walk away from this, but really wanted to use it to work and do meetings.

Hey there, TitanFlyer! If you have an Apple computer with an M1 chip and are having trouble using your computer in VR, please download and install the latest version of Oculus Remote Desktop for macOS. This could be what is causing your issue if you try this method and still dont get the results you are looking for feel free to reach out to our support line here or send us a private message by clicking here or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

how ridiculous!!! an app with so much potential just tossed into the trash bin!

I stated that I did not have the M1 MacBook Pro in my post, but I do appreciate you posting in response to the problem. I ended up getting it working somehow… I tried so many things I am not even remotely sure which one fixed it. It has a LONG way to go before its at the level of ease it needs to be at, but man it is awesome when it works. Great product potential, but I think I will wait a while before putting my customers through this for a meeting. 

I have Quadro K5200 and its not working any suggestions?

I cannot get Workrooms desktop to work or pair with my headset.  It’s awful and so is your service.  I’ve tried contacting you about it twice for help, I had one reply asking me questions about the issue and then heard nothing.  I tried again and had no reply.  I was planning on using workrooms for business.  The Oculus was a complete waste of money.  I expected far better from Meta.