Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to enable developer mode

iKido
Honored Guest

Hello,

I am new do quest development.

I am unable to enable developer mode on quest2. When accessing 

https://developer.oculus.com/manage/verify/ I am asked to enable 2FA using text message.

on "Add extra security to your account" I select "Text message" on "select or add a phone number" select existing number and pressing next.

Pages responds with "Try changing your settings later."

When selecting "add phone number" I am able to add some phone No and then being asked for confirmation code however I never receive confirmation code on my mobile (doesn't really matter how many times I press resend code.

I provided mobile No. both with and without (as in 079) it makes no difference.

I have been struggling with it for more than week, have multiple cases opened with support (since they open new one every single time). Contacted my mobile network operator and was told they are not blocking text messages.

Tried more than 1 phone No, multiple web browsers with and without incognito mode. Disabled my browser add-ons and getting nowhere with it.

My quest2 is fully patched, not using proxy or vpn.

Can anyone please help?

I am starting to get very bitter about it. Not really experience I expected after buying pretty expensive device.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

iKido
Honored Guest

devoreperMeta1.pngdevoreperMeta2.png

It has been more than a month since I reported issue. Have multiple cases open with meta support. My issue has still not been resolved. How difficult could it be to enable developer mode on device?

My experience so far has been very disappointing. 

Do I really need to apply for credit card to enable developer mode?

Hey @iKido👋 I personally don't have developer mode enabled so I won't be able to help too in-depth with things but I'll do my best with what I can find since it seems you've had the issue for a little while now.

You'll want to start by verifying if your phone carrier and country are supported (If you're on a computer, click any of the options available and you should be able to choose your country.) That link can be found under the Developer Verification FAQs section of the Developer Frequently Asked Question page.

The other ways I can find to enable developer mode are using a credit card since PayPal isn't supported, and also by setting up a developer organization with Business or Admin Verification

That's just about everything I was able to find, so I won't be able to provide much further help. Hopefully someone with a bit more experience in the developer area can help out if this doesn't work out. 🤞

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

ItsRory95
Honored Guest

Hey! I'm having the same issue. Had access to dev mode before but I got logged out at some point and havent been able to install any apks for weeks which is essential to my job. Did anyone get any further advice or feedback on this?

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?