cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oculus go browser not working

elvedhel
Protege

browser has suddenly stopped working on oculus go, no updates so its not thgat, crashes whenever you try to open vr. very annoying tried to re pair to app but app wont go past the heath and safety acknowledge button on set up and factpry reset isnt working in the go either.. have lots of paid apps so dont want to go down the delte data option as dont want to risk losing all ive paid for.

385 REPLIES 385

Everyone, be sure to tell all of your friends how Oculus treats it's customers. That's one of the few benefits of social media , get the word out.

Exactly, spread the word to everyone you know via social media and tech forums. Avoid Meta Quest (Oculus) products. This is terrible customer service / support. This purposeful disabling of a function on OUR devices and subsequent refusal to acknowledge what you have done is not  how you earn loyalty from your customers.

thelemurmaster
Honored Guest

Same thing here.

The browser issue is just a symptom of the headset problem. The new update that fixes this is for the headset. When you finally get it, your browser will work (we all had the latest browser)but a pc will not recognise the headset as a drive. Thus the cable business. It worked on mine so I'm sure you are all gonna hit the same problem when trying  to transfer files after the update.

I've tried to help and, succeeded with a couple of patient folk.

TOO MANY WANNABE LAWYERS&ANARCHISTS on here think they're smarter than the techs trying to fix it.

Grow up.

I'm gone

for one month it is not working. no update visible. what to do to get the latest update, reset the go to factory?

"The browser issue is just a symptom of the headset problem. The new update that fixes this is for the headset. When you finally get it, your browser will work (we all had the latest browser)but a pc will not recognise the headset as a drive."

Thanks for that, most here don't have the fix and therefore aren't aware that the "fix" does not cover all the problems with the crash. I have the "fix" and my unit stops crashing but can't be seen by my PC. I tried it on a really old PC and it does work. And so there is a reason why it doesn't work on the current PC and it would be nice to have that addressed. Looks like its something to do with the USB driver? Who knows but we aren't there yet with this new fix.

Hey @cogwheel  and @morganplus8 , could one of you put together a separate thread for the headset not being visible as a drive with some details on what you're seeing with the USB? I'd like to get this in front of the team as well, but it'd be best if it was on a separate thread in case they need any extra info. 

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

Just check for updates periodically. The release is currently rolling out, so it's not available for everyone just yet. You won't need to take any special steps like factory resetting in order to make it show up. I'll be posting in here when the release is available to everyone, so you could also just wait until I make that post and then check for updates.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

With all do respect Ryan,  I lost my directory access and the system crashed. I now have my crash problem solved so thank you for that but the directory issue is still there. Others will want to know this exists. Let's see how others react when they get their update and decide from there. The update is wonderful in a limited way for me. Members need to know they can look forward to not seeing crashes again, awesome news.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?