cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oculus link glitching when playing a vr game

88solar
Honored Guest

for some reason every time I boot up a game via oculus link, using steam VR or anything else, it gets so incredibly glitchy I don't even know how to describe it. first its just lags a lot, but it things turn into an interstellar bookshelf type thing where everything that is just out of the loaded peripherals repeats infinitely.

I've tried a lot of stuff, from factory resetting the quest 2, reinstalling the desktop app, multiple powers off and on, but after a couple hours I just couldn't figure it out.

I'm pretty sure its not my specs too, I've got a Radeon RX 5500 XT and a AMD RYZEN 3 3100 and I've never had lag or glitches in any video game on this computer.

3 REPLIES 3

JohhnyHell
Honored Guest

What is the game you want to play , I had the same problem with a NON licensed game that had a lot of physics and I found out that the problem was from my CPU not being able to process the things fast enough . And you GPU is on the LOWEST end of the VR capable gpus .

I'm running on gpu amd rx 5700 and cpu amd 5600x . So I guess it's your PCs problem (maybe not enought vram on the gpu ) can you DM me the name of the game you are playing .

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for bringing your issue to our notice, 88solar. We like the challenge of tackling problems and finding solutions. When you are checking your software for issues, are you seeing that your drivers and applications are up to date? Also just to make sure, please reference our page here to see if your specifications meet our requirements.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey 88 Solar, did you still need help with this issue? Let us know. We are here for you if you need more help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!